PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

• 45 Replies

Oliveview

The people loved Paco, warts and all!!!  They decided not to take the Dalmatian as he is very strong and excitable and as Paco is a nervous dog they wanted a dog that would hopefully keep him stress free, so they have adopted Adela the Spanish Mastin (sorry no photo, I will rectify that tomorrow when they come to collect her)
Paco went home with them tonight, they paid for him 50€ (chip, injections, worm tablet and passport) and then gave a donation of 50€ too  They then said they would pay for Adela today, and then gave another 50€ donation!!!   Yoli´s (the president of the refuge) mouth was wide open with shock, that 100€ will go towards paying for the mastin pups vet bill (who´s eye was removed) 
A very good evening :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
They are sure Paco will be walking on a lead very soon.  I had a message, they had bought 100€ worth of dog food on the way home!!!!!  Blimey, I think our dogs should go and live with them too.  They have a 5,000sq mtr garden, so just enough space for him to run about in!!! 
I had forgotten all about the web page I had put him on!!!  I will add other dogs to it now!

Pamela
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 20:47 by Oliveview »

Springlands

Two dogs re-homed and a lovely donation as well. What a lovely day for you all - no wonder you a are shouting.   :D

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Awww such good news!   That's wonderful!   :) :)

compostqueen

Well done!  Your hard work has been rewarded.  Congratulate yourselves on a job well done  :)  Good news for the dog too  :D

BobE

Wonderful

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
I'm so glad Paco has a good home to go to - he's such a lovely looking dog and I am sure a bit of care and attention will remove those 'warts'.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:35 by surbie100 »

Oliveview

As soon as they saw him they wanted him. They did consider the Dalmatian, but he and Paco are not friends as such, so decided to take Adela, the Mastin. She has been at the refuge such a long time, well about 18 months. I am off to the refuge this morning, the new owners ate coming for Adela around mid-day.
The vet bill for the pup that had her eye removed was just over 250€ so the 100€ will help a lot !!! We hope to get a Mastin/German shepherd cross and a Staffy in Adela's outside kennel run, as the dogs get on well outside, thenwe will have 2 stables empty, if things work out ok we can then collect the Podenco and her 8 pups from the foster home :D

Happy days  :D :D :happy:

Pamela

New shoot

• Global Moderator
I'm so pleased for you and all the other refuge workers  :D  After the recent traumas of dogs being dumped on you and the poor dog who lost her eye, it must be such a boost  :)

The new owners sound like lovely people who really care about dogs as well, so lucky Paco and Adela  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
That is great news Pamela, the fingers crossed must have worked.   :lol:

I hope that these people keep in contact with the refuge to let you know how the dogs progress.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Brilliant news Pamela.

With all the sad tales (tails! :lol:) it's lovely to hear about a happy ending! :D :happy:

Oliveview

Adela the Mastin and her new owners.   :D

Pamela 

PS  I have just watched a really upsetting Youtube video of the Podenco dogs in Spain.  We have 2 Podenco´s at the refuge, our dogs are so lucky!!  I won´t post the link, it is not suitable for a child to see

Oliveview

I have just realised I did not put the photo on!  I can´t go back and edit...... so here is the photo of Adela and her new owners!

Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Brilliant news Pamela, those two pups have certainly fallen on their paws with that couple  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

lacaya

Brilliant! Reading this good news has made my day.  Let's hope some other kind souls find you and take some dogs home to love.

Oliveview

There is a chance the same family will adopt the other Mastin we have, Pancho.  He has Leish, so would be very hard to ever re-home. So we are keeping our fingers crossed hard!!

Pamela

xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
Hopefully 2 good news stories

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post October 10, 2012, 18:27
by Oliveview
xx
Good news on dog microchipping

Started by arugula on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post February 14, 2013, 14:09
by arugula
xx
News from the refuge

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

312 Replies
Last post November 22, 2016, 09:52
by Aled

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 40 queries.