parasene big red heater...help!!!

• 3 Replies

TIGERRYES

parasene big red heater...help!!!
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:41 »
Hi, i've managed to get a second hand big red heater model 591 i think, its big and red lol. anyway i need some instructions so i called parasene and they kindly sent me a doc in an email, great, only trouble is it only tells you how to use it and i need to know how to adjust the wick and change the wick. The problem i'm having straight away is i can light it and it burns lovely but i need to dismantle it and blow the dam thing out as the wick dosen't shut down enough to snuff it out. so i was wondering if someone on here has the full instructions showing how to change the wick i would be very greatful for a copy or instructions on how to over the forum, thanks so much once again.
Tiger

adal

• Man Of the World
Re: parasene big red heater...help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:59 »
this may help you with the wick problem
The cog on the shaft is not locating in the gearing, this can be resolved by loosening the nut located by the control knob 1/2 a turn and slightly pulling the shaft towards you so that the cog relocates

TIGERRYES

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 18:25 »
Oh thanks Adal I'll give that a go. I presume that to replace the wick i would do the same but pull the wick up through, mind you I wouldn't know how to get another in, not to worry think there is plenty on it for now but need to be able to turn it down to extinguist the flame, thanks

adal

• Man Of the World
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 14:24 »
I like your self have the same heater a big red but have not had to replace the wick as yet I used it for three years then with the price of paraffin I no longer use it now there say Paraffin is a byproduct of petroleum and isn't a renewable product. Paraffin is the sludge that is left behind when oil is refined into fuels. Yet you can pay up to £6.99 for 4 litres for it one more rip off for man kind :(

xx
Parasene thermostat iffy.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2019, 13:40
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Parasene soil warming cable.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post May 30, 2017, 14:06
by Kleftiwallah
xx
How to use a greenhouse heater

Started by min200 on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post January 18, 2009, 08:11
by Gwiz
xx
Greenhouse Heater ?

Started by Matt31 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 15:12
by smud6ie

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 28 queries.