Einhelle

• 9 Replies

arthur cooke

Einhelle
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:24 »
Hi all, I,m back from Italy for a couple of weeks. Earlier this year I asked for some rotovata advice. I tried several machines in Italy and found that I needed about 4.5 hp in a machine and have found a German company that did one but I had to order it in order to see it. I was told that it was on special offer at 330 uros, which is very cheap. I wondered if anyone had any experiance with the machines this company produces. They are called, Einhelle. thanks.
cheers arthur

Gwiz

Einhelle
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 17:42 »
do you mean this?:
http://einhell-uk.co.uk/index.php?id=1

I've never heard of them, but i did see one of their rotovators on ebay a moment ago. I might be wrong, but it's got the smell of a chinese machine to me. the engine looks a bit honda - copy - ish.
I expect it's ok in the short term, but it kinda looked a bit flimsy, and I don't expect parts to be very available.
I could be wrong though..... :?

arthur cooke

Einhelle
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43 »
Thanks for that gwiz,the one on that site is not the one I'm buying, it's the next one up, but it's much the same. Has a wider working width. The  company I'm buying from has said that they will undertake any repairs.
What in the picture looks flimsy? I have no real experience of this type of machine so any knowledge i can gain is really useful. Thanks.
cheers arthur

Gwiz

Einhelle
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:51 »
I've seen a lot of the lower priced rotovators around since China has become the predominant manufactory. the ones that I have looked at have had thinner blades than I would like, also, the tubing that the handles are made from is a half as thick as,say, a merry tiller.
the machine that you are looking at might very well be a great bit of kit, it's just that it seems too good a deal to me, and that makes me a tad suspicous ( | would want to go over it, or at least see it in the "flesh" before parting with the readies!) :wink:

weeeed

Einhelle
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 20:43 »
What about mantis? They aren't cheap but I think they gurantee their stuff. :wink:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

arthur cooke

Einhelle
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 00:36 »
My difficulty is that I'm buying in Italy,my Italian is poor and of course my experience of these machines is limited. I looked to see if tillers would work on my land and managed to try one and it didn't seem to dig deep enough, that could have been my inexperience. I did look for a mantis but couldn't find one.
The German machine comes with a one year guarantee and the company I'm buying from does maintenance and repairs. But like gwiz it feels like too good a deal.
I guess the only way I can do this is to suck and see! You never know...I might be lucky!
I'm back in November and I'll let you know how it works out.
cheers arthur

Gwiz

Einhelle
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 15:58 »
just as an aside, I've just bought a spear and jackson branded strimmer for my allotment, and noticed that they are imported by the same company... Einhell
funny thing is, I've never heard of them before you mentioned it, and now it seems I own one of their products. :?

arthur cooke

Einhelle
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 09:05 »
I'd be interested to know how you get on with it, If your strimmer is good perhaps that might be an indication of whether their engines are any good. Funny, that happens to me sometimes, especially with cars!
cheers arthur

Kentishman2004

Einhelle
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 18:45 »
I've got one of the later Spear & Jackson 30cc brushcutters, so far it's been a relaible bit of kit and handled some tough work without a problem.

If you are looking for spec sheets for S&J / Einhell or a numer of other brands, it's worth checking out the International Service Centre website www.isc-gmbh.info (look in the garden section "Garten Portal"). Most of the site is in german but the actual spec sheets (pdf fromat) are in english.

For the UK anyway get in touch with Einhell UK (0151-649-1500) for any spares or parts breakdown sheets (emailed a parts breakdown across to me in pdf format).

I did a little bit of further digging and it appears that the S&J is actually made by a compay called Jenn Feng.

Hope that helps

Andy

arthur cooke

Einhelle
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 12:14 »
Thanks for that. I'll have a look.
cheers arthur

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 39 queries.