Wimbledon 2022

• 8 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Wimbledon 2022
« on: July 07, 2022, 20:38 »
Such a pity that Rafael Nadal has had to withdraw on injury grounds - nobody wants to see that.

But a Brit has just won the mixed doubles final (the pair retaining the title from last year)  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Wimbledon 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 21:01 »
There have been some thrilling matches this year, some of them even involving British players!  :ohmy:

Nadal's idiosyncrasies drive me to distraction, but his bravery and will to win whatever the circumstances are truly impressive.

Big day for Norrie tomorrow against Novax (who's another source of irritation - I can't help getting obsessed with counting the number of ball bounces before every service rather than the actual play!  :wacko:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 21:22 »
The true downside to Nadal's withdrawl is that Nick Kyrgios will sadly be in the final. The guy is a disgrace to the sport and I only hope he'll behave himself on Centre Court.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 21:54 »
Kyrgios is actually pretty good at playing tennis, but appears to believe his antics are wacky and also crowd-pleasing - for me he just behaves like an extremely tedious spoilt child.  :nowink:

Hope someone points that out to him before the final...

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 22:00 »
I can't help getting obsessed with counting the number of ball bounces before every service rather than the actual play!  :wacko:)

Yes! I think it's five bounces?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 22:01 »
The true downside to Nadal's withdrawl is that Nick Kyrgios will sadly be in the final. The guy is a disgrace to the sport and I only hope he'll behave himself on Centre Court.

I agree. Would have preferred him not to be in the final.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 12:32 »
I have always been an avid tennis fan, but more so the men than women.   It is a shame about Rafa, but his habits drive me mad.  I had hope for him and Novak in the final.  I wish Raffa well, and hope he is able to make a full recovery and play again.
I have always been a fan of Novak, he goes out, another day at the office.  Gets on with the job and generally wins.  It will be an interesting final tomorrow.  I doubt he will let Krygrios upset him.
Last night I watched a mens doublematch for disabled players, ie: all in wheelchairs.    It was so exciting and our Brits are through to the final.
I feel that we have a lot of good young players on the up, and I especially will watch Jack Draper, he is only 20.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 12:41 »
I can't help getting obsessed with counting the number of ball bounces before every service rather than the actual play!  :wacko:)

Yes! I think it's five bounces?

I've counted over 20 on several occasions (told you I was obsessed!  :lol:)

I think he does it when he's under pressure and got a lot to think about - luckily that doesn't happen too often...

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 17:24 »
It’s a long time since I’ve watched much of Wimbledon, but due to the heat today I’ve retreated inside & thorough enjoyed the men’s final. What a fabulous game, but without giving it away, the best man won.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Wimbledon!!!

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2019, 22:31
by mumofstig
xx
What's for tea 2022?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1563 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 20:35
by snowdrops
xx
What's the weather like where you are? 2022

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

1542 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 17:04
by wighty
xx
Song linkups 2022

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

492 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 19:22
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 48 queries.