four day old eggs in incubator

• 2 Replies

littlefeat

« on: October 23, 2007, 10:13 »
they have been in for for days, when i candled them, the blob moved from the botton to the top when turned, does this mean they are dudds, there is only two in there and they both look the same.

:oops: littlefeat
at home with 4 cats, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 2 rats 4 fish, 4 chickens, 2 kids and 1 hubby, i love gardening, and looking after my tribe.

Bodger

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:31 »
You know what they say about a watched kettle never boiling? I wouldn't even bother looking until they were well past a week in the incubator. You're going to get a much more definative answer as to whether or not they are viable eggs by then.

littlefeat

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:41 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
You know what they say about a watched kettle never boiling? I wouldn't even bother looking until they were well past a week in the incubator. You're going to get a much more definative answer as to whether or not they are viable eggs by then.

ok will do

i should not have put them in at all really, we bought 12 freerange eggs from a guy with lots of mixed hens that run with numerous cockerels, and there was two small white ones among the large brown eggs, so ive no idea how old they are or what breed, just testing the incubater i got. i really want to get  some mixed bantam eggs, not fine show quality ones, just small mixed that will lay eggs  :)

littlefeat

xx
Eggs in incubator....

Started by symonep on The Hen House

113 Replies
Last post December 16, 2012, 21:56
by ANHBUC
xx
eggs in incubator

Started by chelle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2007, 20:55
by chicksforkicks
xx
Eggs for Incubator

Started by Prod on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 19, 2015, 10:15
by Prod
xx
Eggs for incubator

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 21:35
by meterman

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 38 queries.