Australian Bush Fires

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Australian Bush Fires
« on: January 01, 2020, 17:03 »
Having read about them and watched the news, I was surprised that some folk and tourists declined leaving, now they are on the beach waiting for rescue.
It crossed my mind how the fire-fighters and rescuers etc, felt about the fireworks in Sydney !!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

Re: Australian Bush Fires
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 19:37 »
New Zealand, Canada and the USA have all sent firemen over to help, the USA sent planes as well. While the UK sits by and does nothing to help  :mad:. Are we, or are we not the Lead of the Commonwealth, but nothing is being said or help offered. Absolutely raging, why aren't we helping? Over 600 UK firemen have volunteered to go over within 24 hours of someone in the fire service asking will anyone go over. So it's not as if no one wants to be there helping.  :mad:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 21:48 »
I was watching some news about the fires today, which showed the traffic queuing to get out of NSW.   It was grid-lock.     But, there was a man who had got out of his car and was sitting on a camping chair on the road side, like scrubby grass,  SMOKING A FAG !!!!!  :ohmy: :ohmy:  Mrs Buquet

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 22:27 »
New Zealand, Canada and the USA have all sent firemen over to help, the USA sent planes as well. While the UK sits by and does nothing to help  :mad:. Are we, or are we not the Lead of the Commonwealth, but nothing is being said or help offered. Absolutely raging, why aren't we helping? Over 600 UK firemen have volunteered to go over within 24 hours of someone in the fire service asking will anyone go over. So it's not as if no one wants to be there helping.  :mad:
No disrespect, but with no experience of this kind of fire, might they actually get in the way of those who know what they're doing? Just a thought...

grinling

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 22:53 »
My niece did say that the reports in this country make it sound worse than it is. She lives in Sydney.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 23:29 »
It is good to hear that from "a local", we can only rely on newspapers and tv reports.  The paper I read is very good at scare-mongering !!!  Mrs B

xx
Allotment Fires

Started by StevetFoxhunters on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post June 03, 2021, 20:23
by Yorkie
xx
Quandry over fake coal/ log-effect fires.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 04, 2024, 09:51
by hamstergbert

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 35 queries.