Sigh.. Must be school holiday time.

• 5 Replies

Lardman

Sigh.. Must be school holiday time.
« on: April 13, 2022, 08:10 »
Car aerial ripped off again last night, probably jolly fun hitting each other with it. Unfortunately it looks like they've damaged to socket this time too  >:( , I suppose I should be thankful it wasn't the wipers or mirrors.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator

jezza

Re: Sigh.. Must be school holiday time.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 07:35 »
Hello the kids of today dont seem to be as respectful  as they were when I was a youngster in the 1970 and 80s ,I'd he out finding a job to do,this time of year it would be helping plant taties or harrowing dome paddocks for a farmer or i would  be mowing some ones lawn ,use to get pulled up by the local policeman  Mrs SoSo want here grass cutting could I do it for her he'd ask off I'd go and mow it  still doing one of the originals ,but can I get youngsters to help  no they csntvridr on the mower    jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 09:20 »
Couple of local 'angels' had visit from the police following a brick through the window incident.  One found to be carrying a knife, both are 15.  The lad whose home they attacked is in the process of building a nice round of window cleaning and grass cutting.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 19:32 »
Oh how annoying for you Lardman, hubby had the badge snapped of his car a few times at our old house, but he was convinced it was the bloke from the house at he bottom of the garden, thing was he parked it with 1/2” to spare of the front room window! Very irritating this sort of damage, goodness knows what pleasure they get from it, hope they get vanaerial disease from it ( sorry couldn’t resist...old joke that I’m sure many of you know )
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 09:30 »
You might be right Snow.  I used to have the badges taken regularly from the golf I had, even the glued on ones, In the end I gave up and left them off.

It's odd that in a line of cars mine, which is in the middle was the only one with any damage. Today I noticed that the tow ring cover was missing from the front bumper, not sure when that happened. Unlike the aerial I can't think that was something the little darlings wanted to play with. 

I also found  a full disposable lighter under it this morning, which was far more concerning. Odd that Max hasn't barked, he usually goes nuts if anyone strange is hanging around at night.

xx
School bullies

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post September 22, 2023, 20:25
by Yorkie
xx
A different holiday

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 16, 2019, 12:13
by Goosegirl
xx
Primary School Joke

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2018, 10:55
by rowbow
xx
Last day of School Term and Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post July 23, 2021, 15:23
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 40 queries.