Beechgrove heads up Thursday 19th April

• 1 Replies

lettice

Beechgrove heads up Thursday 19th April
« on: April 15, 2018, 15:16 »
Get recording.
Beechgrove starts on Thursday 19th April on BBC Scotland or 970 on Sky for those not in Scotland.
Also as last few years on BBC2 the following Sunday.

For me its the best garden programme. Shame it has to start so late...

Just hate Gardeners World with Monty in his rags and following dogs walking round his lakes and forests.
Mind do fast forward through it mostly.
Did though look promising with  the guy doing the lawn maintenance, it said he was Nick Bailey. If he took over the mantle from Monty it may be be a good new start, he seemed very likeable.
See they also are trying an allotment section, not so sure about the dipsey girl pretending she did not know what was under that recently laid down plastic.

Do wish TV broadcasters would bring back some of the older Percy and Geoff Hamilton shows, and time them with the season. Would be great viewing and would not have lost any of its greatness.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 15:34 by lettice »

rowlandwells

Re: Beechgrove heads up Thursday 19th April
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 17:36 »
i had to smile when I read your topic lettice because I agree with most of what your saying its all planned very much in advance how and  that dipsey girl talk about tosh and the allotments looked quite a tip  I expected a rat to run out when they moved the tarpaulin I cant wait to see the next instalment of allotments for you on G/W  :dry:

when they dug  the allotment  ground it was like a block of mud definitely to wet to do any digging better of using a JCB than a spade I would have definitely been spraying that ground with my roundup

as for Nick Bailey yep he seems to know what he's talking about although lawns are not on my gardening agenda but everyone to there own because I like dogs that part of the prog is worth watching

someone mentioned dross as an expression the other day on this site its a fitting term for  most of G/W I'm afraid Geoff Hamilton was my garden hero and always will be he's never knowingly been a garden presenter to follow in his footsteps :(

thanks Lettice for telling us about beechgrove  ;)

xx
beechgrove

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post September 21, 2019, 17:14
by rowlandwells
xx
beechgrove

4 Replies
Last post October 25, 2018, 21:24
by adri
xx
Beechgrove

4 Replies
Last post April 10, 2021, 17:01
by GraciesGran
xx
New season of Beechgrove starts soon

Started by ARPoet on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 16:38
by theothermarg

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 35 queries.