Wrapping Presents

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Wrapping Presents
« on: December 12, 2021, 13:56 »
Just wrapped a cylinder shaped gift for a friend.    There is sticky tape all over the worktop, and I have pulled skin off my lip by trying to bite a piece off.   Got out the scissors, but the tape rolled round them and my finger.  Then tried to cut paper -  too small.  Cut another piece and it ripped,  cut another piece and it was too big.  Shouldn't have tried to use serated scissors !!  I have now used nearly a whole roll of paper and trying to peel off sticky tape.    I used to like doing this and my gifts looked beautiful  -  wot went wrong - bah humbug.   Mrs Bouquet   :lol: :lol:
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Wrapping Presents
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 14:56 »
Oh dear!

I empathise - I loathe wrapping presents!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 15:25 »
I quite like wrapping things in a box, nice and tidy; anything that is a different shape is always a disaster, so I tend to save different size boxes through the year. That way, unless the present is huge, it can go in a box!!
Simples

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 06:49 »
We've been saving Christmas 'carrier bags', of all sizes over the years, (mainly small), and now just pop the present in one and cover it with coloured tissue paper!

They then go back in the roof for the next year!

Christine

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 07:44 »
I've promised the family a Christmas veg box but you ain't going to catch me wrapping up spuds and sprouts and such. They know what they are getting as it's the tradition and would be most upset to have to unwrap the veg as they are doing the Christmas lunch.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 09:12 »
I've promised the family a Christmas veg box ...They know what they are getting as it's the tradition ...

What a lovely idea - the old ways are, often, the best  :)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 10:35 »
I used to hate wrapping presents with a vengeance, mainly because the only way I could work out to stop the parcel unwrapping while I cursed away trying to find the end of the sellotape yet again and remove a suitably sized length was to cut off several at once and stick them to the edge of the hearth.

This of course meant kneeling on the floor to do the wrapping - not comfortable!  :nowink:  :mad:

'Discovering' Sellotape dispensers/cutters have changed all that - now I merely dislike the procedure and still put it off until the last possible moment.  ;)

(As for fancy labels and home-made curly bows - you must be joking!  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

GraciesGran

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 10:39 »
I have to admit that I have passed this job to my husband, he's not that keen but apparently doing it himself is preferable to me ending up on the verge of cancelling Christmas.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 14:40 »
My OH usually does most of them as I am not very good at it. Despite doing everything I can to measure the size of paper whilst orientating the correct way up and what motif should go in the middle and trying to get the corners neat and tidy, I always go wrong somewhere. The sello-tape doesn't help my mood as it usually comes off the dispenser all wonky.  >:(
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Surprise presents spoilt!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 26, 2020, 11:25
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 49 queries.