This morning I woke up...

• 12 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
This morning I woke up...
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:40 »
with the dog licking my face, and realised my husband took the dog out for a walk last night, but has not returned OMG. Heart thumping I jolted upright, ready to phone the police, and hurting my back in the process!

Only then did brain engage. WHOA calm down, you don't have a dog or a husband... it's only the cat trying to wake you up for her breakfast  :lol: :lol:

Dreams have a powerful effect on mind and body, don't they....
 :wacko:  :blush:

I think it's a good job we don't remember most of them, but do you have any strange dreams suitable for sharing?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: This morning I woke up...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:50 »
When I was about 5, I slept in the top bunk of bunk beds.  I dreamt that there were spiders and other things with more legs than me, where my feet were.  In my sleep-panicked logic, I uprooted my sheets so that I was sleeping from the other end of the bed ... which, on reflection, wasn't the most sensible thing to do as it meant I was now sleeping *in* those creepy crawlies  ::) :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 20:55 »
I suspect most of my often very vivid dreams are the result of being an orangutan living in a world dominated by humans - can't give confirmation of that from my psychiatrist because he suddenly left the country without leaving a contact address!  :ohmy:
Hope this thread takes off mum - fascinating subject.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:47 »
I have all sorts of odd dreams. Sometimes so odd, I recognise them as dreams and think this is just silly, then wake up.

OH sleeps the sleep of the dead and is out cold for hours with no memory of any dreams. He seriously cannot remember ever having one.  I think he is secretly Borg and plugs into the collective somewhere.

I’ll leave it to you lot to decide which of us is more wierd  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 20:36 »
Only last night I dreamt I was at work, & couldn’t find my diary, so I didn’t know who I had to visit, or remember my password to check my online diary, I just kept looking in my bag & bringing out foil wrapped pieces of cake  :ohmy:, I’ve been retired 4 years at heart end of November & we’d been stopped having paper diaries at least 2 years before I finished.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 20:48 »
I feel really guilty now, I     had a moment  from my past life that for a while really affected me.  MOS calmed me down and   made me see sense.  So sorry, I have a few more  that could arise, so be prepared!

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:35 »
Well, I woke up around 12.45am, having hardly kipped at all, JRT wanted a chat, so we sat in a spare room for a few minutes, and after another hour or so of dire night-time radio, it was time for another chat with JRT, and eventually a trip downstairs for tea and a glance at our brand spanking new smart meter...

Oh yes, and I still can't get 1 across in the crossword, despite spending ages on that particular question: 'Short-sighted (7)!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 15:00 »
I do have recurring dreams.  One is somewhere abroad, I think I ought to know where it is, but I am never really sure.  A lot of them are panic dreams, when I am looking, searching, getting hot a bothered, then wake up and I am in a hot panic.    On the same theme, I sometimes dream about my Darling OH.   He is there, and I say, but you have died, He says, no, but I have left you.    Sometimes it is with another woman, then I get angry   >:(.    Sometimes, we are on holiday or out and I lose him and cannot find him.    They make me cry.
If we didn't have these dreams, imagine the state of our minds, we would probably go completely mad.
Yer - dream on    :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 16:28 »
The dream that normally wakes me up, is having to catch a plane and something/lots of things happen that will make me miss the plane or a connection.
These are memories of flying from a Greek Island to Athens, with usually, only 30 minutes to collect luggage from first flight and to get checked in for next one to Heathrow on the other side of the airport :ohmy: :ohmy: It was always a very close call, but I don't have to worry about those now - except in my dreams, obviously  :nowink:

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 18:36 »
Some time ago, after a particular unpleasant dream, I tried to work out what it had meant, and what I was up to and still had to do the next day. Because a lot of the worry was to do with work, I found it comforting to just apply a 'computer' similarity, and put it all down to a 'defrag', where all the buttons get popped back in place after a bit of soul-searching.

Seems to work most times, and I think the best thing to do is immediately get up, walk around, and carry out a 'restart'!

...sometimes the screensaver kicks in though...

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 21:13 »
Travel dreams are my speciality - leaving suitcases on trains, being unable to pack in time to catch the transfer bus to the airport, forgetting the name and location of the hotel we're staying at, none of which have actually happened in reality.  :unsure:

On the plus side, I sometimes dream about being able to self-levitate at will, which also includes 'walking' at high speed without any effort because my feet don't touch the ground.

Apologies to any member who thought I was comparitively normal!  :wacko:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 21:18 »
You're the only orangutan we know, JayG, so we have no point of reference!  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 12:18 »
Another one I have sometimes is walking up  staircase and they stop about 2 or 3 before the landing, how do I get to the landing !!!  sometimes I fall through, but wake up then.  It is panic and frustrations isn't it ?  Mrs B

xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 54 queries.