What are these...

• 26 Replies

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: What are these...
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 20:10 »
Spider eggs are tiny --it's the egg sac that is about 1cm across with some garden species  :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll be OK, guys  :mellow: :mellow:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 23:07 »
ok, so i panicked a bit, i were probably about half a cm, i dunno wjat they were but other half chucked 'um over fence into horrible neighbours garden..... i think they were snail eggs, but they were horrible, i hate things like that....

pigeonpie

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 23:10 »
ok, so i panicked a bit, i were probably about half a cm, i dunno wjat they were but other half chucked 'um over fence into horrible neighbours garden..... i think they were snail eggs, but they were horrible, i hate things like that....

You do realise that if they turn out to be slug eggs they may well hatch in your neighbour's garden and then sneak back to yours to munch on your best flowers...  ;)

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 23:12 »
hmmm, its ok though, i've gien up on things like egg shells and beer and whatever else o keep the slugs away and finally bought some slug pellets, so the little blighters can come back but they will be dead.....

pigeonpie

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 23:20 »
I like going out in the garden at night with a torch and stamping on any of the little blighters that my chooks have missed.  They make a very satisfying pop!

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 23:26 »
I actually hate slugs and snails, am slightly better with snails now, can pick them up with a pair of marigolds on and chuck um, but slugs actually turn my stomach, cannot bring mysellf to pick them up!!!!
we were sat in the garden last night  with some friends until quite late, my other half went on a snail hunt and was lobbing them over the neighbours gardens, this morning, whilst i was pottering i heard one of the kids from about5 houses away shouting, mum, my trampolines full of snails, well, that was it, i had to go inside for fear of them hearing me laughing.....
think well have to start throwing them the other way for a bit...

pigeonpie

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 23:38 »
Brilliant!!!
I live next door to two very eccentric ladies who often have arguments at full volume in the garden.  I once had to go and hide in the kitchen as I couldn't stop myself laughing after over hearing one particular end of an argument.  One of the ladies was obviously up a ladder putting a trellis or something up.  There were some very choice expletives and suddenly I heard the shout...
"Barbara...  Barbara... Come back here...  I can't get down..."

I suppose I should have offered to help  :wub:

Paul Plots

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 23:49 »

Could it be a fertliser or moisture retention pellet ?

There is a strong possibility that the unidentified little round things are slow release fertilizer "grains".

• 1. Did you buy the pot full of compost with a plant in it?
  • 2. Did you fill the pot with general puropse compost yourself?

Some slow release fertilizers are added to composts and they are sometimes added when potting on to feed the new inhabitants / plants.

So, I think 8doubles may well be right.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

8doubles

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 08:29 »
I quite often catch a large garden snail in the act of laying eggs in a pot. They manage to dig a 2" deep hole (how?) and lay a couple of dozen pearly 4mm eggs at the bottom. Mum/dad gets crunched and the eggs go to the goldfish. :)

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 16:44 »
defo not fertiliser thingys.

Paul Plots

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 00:24 »
Most likely slugs / snails it is then.... how delightful - baby slugs or tiddly snails.  :tongue2:

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 13:13 »
gone now, over the fence! Not haing and blooming slugs or snails in my pots... ewww

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 34 queries.