Yum,Yum

• 6 Replies

Charlotte

Yum,Yum
« on: July 11, 2008, 20:36 »
Hi,

Im sorry if im on the wrong bit,but just wanted to share this with some like minded peeps.

I planted my potatoes very late,end oy May!!! they are in potato bags but I thought I would try as im very,very new to this.

Anyway just cooked and eaten my first ever spuds!!! What can i say but.....YUMYUM :D

That's it now,will probably turn my whole garden to veg,unless i get a lottie soon.

Thank you to all for your advice,keep it up,THANKS

Charlotte. :D  :D  :D

jack russell

Yum,Yum
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 20:39 »
Hi Charlotte we had our first Charlotte potatoes this evening for tea and the kids commented how nice they were which made me feel great as they did not know they were mine.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

crowndale

Yum,Yum
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 13:22 »
we are haivng our very first anya spuds tonight.  never grown them before and they are still a touch small but the foliage had died back a bit on them.  also dug up some international kidney which we'll attack tomorrow tea time.  yum.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

billyb1987

• Experienced Member
Yum,Yum
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 13:47 »
I had my first ever home grown spuds last year and they were delicious, glad you enjoyed yours.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Yum,Yum
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 14:06 »
theres nothing like digging up your own spuds. Im just about to pop down and dig some pentland javs for tea. I refer to my spud beds as my goldmine :lol: lovelly nuggets
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

gardgydja

• Experienced Member
Yum,Yum
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 15:12 »
Isn't it wonderful, your own spuds! You'll never be able to eat store bought again without thinking, "hmmph, not nearly as good as mine!"

I just came home from lifting all of my "Timo" ones- they were becoming enormous so they have all been brought home to live out their last days in the comfort of my corner cupboard.

Waiting excitedly for our almond potatoes this autumn...

franmeerkat

Yum,Yum
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 15:19 »
I've had my first spuds this week too - lovely Shetland Blacks, originally sourced from the back of my fridge where they'd started chitting.
They are delicious and bright purple, although the colour fades when you cook them.

Page created in 0.65 seconds with 28 queries.