Diabetes Blood Test

• 16 Replies

mrs bouquet

Diabetes Blood Test
« on: January 30, 2020, 22:51 »
A week ago I rang the GP's and asked for a test for Diabetes.    She asked me why, was I worried about it.   I replied that I thought everybody should be worried about it.   I actually wanted to know before I go to a hospital appointment, so that I could say, I haven't got it.     Had it done at the hospital on Tuesday,  result back today  -   No, I haven't got it, not even pre-diabetic.  :)   :)   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

Re: Diabetes Blood Test
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 10:35 »
Hello that's good news I had an eye test the optician picked diabetes up I've been having eye injections once a month for the last year   jezza

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 14:51 »
Hello that's good news I had an eye test the optician picked diabetes up I've been having eye injections once a month for the last year   jezza

That sounds a bit grim.  Are they worried about your retinas?  I only ask as I work with a type 1 diabetic and he has had several injections like this.  He got a big telling off from the doctors and now manages his blood sugar better.  Luckily they got it all under control before it caused any lasting damage.

MrsPea

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 15:28 »
A week ago I rang the GP's and asked for a test for Diabetes.    She asked me why, was I worried about it.   I replied that I thought everybody should be worried about it.   I actually wanted to know before I go to a hospital appointment, so that I could say, I haven't got it.     Had it done at the hospital on Tuesday,  result back today  -   No, I haven't got it, not even pre-diabetic.  :)   :)   Mrs Bouquet

Mrs B, mine was picked up at the hospital as i have to have B/T every 2 months for Rheumatoid in my hands, I have 2 injections each week and that's what caused it to be pr Diabetic, at the moment i'm just 1 point over which is nothing to worry about as long as i'm careful and don't go on a bind g 
I Love my green house

jezza

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 15:52 »
I have type 2 the injections are for Diabetic Macular Odeama the injections are working, the blood sugar numbers are well down  diet and exercise are keeping it down  jezza

wighty

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 18:45 »
I was on weekly diabetes tests as nobody could get my sugar levels down, no matter how they cut my diet.  The tablets they prescribed didn't work and we weren't getting anywhere, over about two years.  In a chance conversation with the Dietician I mentioned if I had a third cup of tea with milk in it, I felt really ill.  She picked up on this and this is when I was diagnosed as being Lactose Intolerant.  Cut out the dairy and problem solved.  Can now eat what I like, and I know exactly how much dairy I can have as well and no more sugar tests.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 09:57 »
I'm waiting on my HbA1c or something results on Monday. Fingers crossed it will lower than the last one. If not it's the 800 calorie a day diet for me :(
Val says she'll put warning signs up in that case.. Beware of the Grump!
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 11:39 »
Good luck with the tests :)
John the Fast 800  combined with 18:8 'feeding window' isn't as bad as it sounds, I've been on it for a couple of weeks so far, only eating between 11am and 7pm.
I will admit the first couple of days were hard, but once you stop eating carbs, so lowering your blood sugar levels, much of the urge to eat seems to go away, and the weight just falls off which is encouraging, to say the least.

jezza

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 11:50 »
Hello be carefull cutting carbohydrates when I was diagnosed I cut all carbohydrates out then went and did a full days work   it did me no good I know have cereal and a piece of wholemeal bread for breakfast a sandwich for lunch and a hot meal at night combined with tablets my Hba1c was 107 when I started now it's 49  I've lost about 7 stone in weight but you'll find that your muscles will ache like heck I couldn't start my hedge cutter last January   jezza

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 20:02 »
At the moment I'm just reducing gradually, 2lbs a week, limiting myself but not starving. Some meals are very low carbs but mainly it's portion control, no snacking and keeping an eye on calories. What's frustrating is that my back is stopping me from getting much exercise which affects sleep and decreases weight loss.
Oh well, will see the results on Monday..

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 10:19 »
Little add-on :)
Missed my target weight by 1lb for the start of February. Tried everything; moved the scales around to 3 different places, stood on one leg instead of two, took my specs off (which may have worked but I couldn't read the scales) - all to no avail
SO
We had a blow out meal; large rib-eye steak, peas, garlic mushrooms and chips. Followed by a choc-ice and a sliver of cheese. Washed down with a couple of glasses of Chianti, the traditional wine for brains and broad beans according to Mr Lector.
That's done the job, bang on target this morning!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 10:39 »
I noticed on my blood test form it stated Hbd-c1 or something similar.   I didn't know what it meant, still don't really.   Mrs B

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 10:51 »
I noticed on my blood test form it stated Hbd-c1 or something similar.   I didn't know what it meant, still don't really.   Mrs B
As I understand it, the HbA1c test gives an indication of average blood glucose level over the previous couple of months. The ideal is below 48. There's an article from Diabetes UK that you can trust here: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/hba1c

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 13:03 »
Just an update - got my test results earlier. My November HbA1c was 64 and today it's 44. I'm really pleased with that - combination of dieting and a herbal mix from my friendly local herbalist. Tastes really awful so it must be good for you!! :)

I'm not out of the woods yet by a long chalk but it's not far off my target of 40. The doctor said he would be pleased if I could get down to 50 in six months last time.

Actually feel better for it as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 13:41 »
Well done John,  I bet you and your doctor are both pleased.  That is an achievement, and I am glad you feel better for it, not only physically, but mentally as well.  I am sure it is not easy, but what a result.  :)  Mrs Bouquet

xx
Covid test

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 16:38
by New shoot
xx
She has passed Her test - I am so pleased !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post September 16, 2018, 18:55
by Growster...
xx
My invite for a Covid test

5 Replies
Last post December 17, 2020, 18:04
by jezza
xx
Blood Red Moon

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2018, 22:12
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 49 queries.