Before and after

• 14 Replies

AmandaLouise

• Experienced Member
Before and after
« on: March 27, 2012, 21:33 »
Hi there got the allotment back in November, just thought I would show you the befores and afters.  Didnt feel like we were doing anything but glad we took pics, shows how much you can get done.  I have to use paint to resize over and over, so they might be a bit small!
before.JPG
after.JPG

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Before and after
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 21:35 »
Very impressive  :D

NB If you use photobucket for photos, it will automatically resize to 640x480 if you want it to.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 21:37 »
I've deleted your other posting that had no photos!

This "how to do it" gives you a few posting options and includes how to re-size a photo. I prefer the Photobucket approach myself, that Yorkie mentioned.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 22:00 by DD. »
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 21:43 »
I love to see then and now pictures, it makes you realise just how far you have come; nice looking soil too. Don't forget to take some more when the beds are full of veg, its amazing how full all that empty space will look.

AmandaLouise

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 21:51 »
DD, yes I know!!  It was an error.  Thanks for comments on my pics, I love befores and afters, when you want to throw the towel in worth getting the camera out!  The size I have done will do me thanks, cant be bothered with anymore resizing fath.  I found photobucket so slow ages ago and put me off, I'll give another go, another time, I just wanted to get them on for anyone who was interested!

teabelly

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 21:58 »
Wow, that's impressive in just a few short months!  :)

AmandaLouise

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 22:03 »
Orr cheers, the worst culprit now is  shifting the remaining naughty weeds, cant remember the name now - devils fingers, or something like that......  two beds have been done, but probably not fully clear yet, but these weeds are so long, each bed has took nearly a day, as done by hand meticulously.  Its satisfying pulling them out though and getting to the root, some have been nearly a metre long!  The plot has not been worked on for over 3 years so whether anything will grow now is the next venture!!!!

jimpojimpo

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 22:06 »
these pictures have given me hope after a torrid afternoon pulling weed roots out of the ground digging like mad.

yorkiegal

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 23:35 »
these pictures have given me hope after a torrid afternoon pulling weed roots out of the ground digging like mad.

me too. i'm digging my first raised bed at present and resolutely refusing to look up and see the rest of the overgrown plot I need to tackle.

jimpojimpo

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 18:58 »
I really need to cover mine up as its starting to get annoying.

catweazle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 21:17 »
looking very good well done!

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 22:11 »

me too. i'm digging my first raised bed at present and resolutely refusing to look up and see the rest of the overgrown plot I need to tackle.

I was always taught to work backwards. By that I mean dig and clear with the un dug bit behind you, that way you only see the dug bit. It does keep you motivated. The photos are so worthwhile too. You easily forget how awful your plot was once it it producing well.
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

sarajane

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 22:14 »
Wow, haven't you worked hard.  Looks teriffic

AmandaLouise

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 21:43 »
I cant believe it when I see the before and after pics.  We have two littles ones - age 2 and 5, so it has been hard at times getting to the plot, but now safe for them to come with us.  Its not as bad as I thought it would be when we first looked at it, I said to my husband it would not be possible, and suggested we walked away and wait a couple more years, but he talked me into it.  always enjoy it no matter what I am doing, so dont feel too deflated, as ours was really horrendous and daunting to look at.   its worth it I think, as therapeutic when your there.  My main worry now is growing, sometimes it feels so complicated!!! But I am a bit of a worrier!

Trillium

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 21:58 »
Gardening is far cheaper and more effective than most therapy  ;)

It's looking very good now and the hard work is visible. Pat yourself on the back - the fun now begins.

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 30 queries.