Going round in circles - where to put the shed!!

• 2 Replies

boosmummy

Going round in circles - where to put the shed!!
« on: September 05, 2011, 15:51 »
Honestly you wouldnt have though the decision would be so difficult.  My plot is about 50ft by 50ft ish give or take and im getting and 8x6 or 7x5 shed depending on finances.  Im fortunate on the plot that i get good sun all day and at the back of the plot i have i think a hawthorn bush or tree and an elderberry tree and the a field behind the trees and plot.  

Now my predictment, down on the plot will be chickens, the shed, the greenhouse and compost bins.  Do I put the shed underneath the hawthorn tree which is at the right of my plot so the chickens can got next to the shed where they will have both the shade on the shed and the tree behind and then the greenhouse so they have shelter from 3 sides, but then the greenhouse wont get as much light down the right hand side because of the shed and i dont really want to put the greenhouse on the edge of the plot.  or do i put the shed in the middle of the plot at the back with the chickens underneath the hawthorn tree,  with they eat the berries? are they bad for them? Ideally im going to put the compost bins underneath the elderberry tree because ill get a lot of use out of that so the shed cant go there.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 15:52 by boosmummy »

lizzie1982

Re: Going round in circles - where to put the shed!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:30 »
Hello
Which site are you on in Preston? I'm on Serpentine 2 across from Moor Park.
Could you put the Greenhouse on the right hand side and the shed on the left hand side, and have the space inbetween for the chckens?
My plot is 45ft x33ft ish, I've got my greenhouse on the right hand side on the edge next to the path as i find it easier to wheel compost/gro bags directly to it when planting.
My shed was going to go on the left hand side of the plot, but i've been given one in a different place now, so new raised beds and a cold frame will be built there instead

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Going round in circles - where to put the shed!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:18 »
I'd maximise the amount of light available to the greenhouse as a first priority, and then minimise the shade cast over a growing area by the shed as a second priority.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Shed painting: what colour is your shed (resolve a domestic)

Started by fekq on Design and Construction

22 Replies
Last post January 23, 2009, 19:47
by BestBreast
xx
help with fence panel shed/potting shed

Started by peppa on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post May 05, 2008, 13:30
by poultrygeist
xx
New bike shed/ tool shed build

Started by Aidy on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post June 26, 2012, 20:12
by Dopey113
xx
what do you think to this shed?

Started by Snap Dragon on Design and Construction

41 Replies
Last post June 09, 2008, 23:06
by SnooziSuzi

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 32 queries.