Tabitha's stiff joints.

• 3 Replies

NormandyMary

Tabitha's stiff joints.
« on: September 03, 2011, 18:24 »
Tabitha, my 15 year old tabby has for a few years now been a little bit stiff in the legs especially when she wakes up after a long sleep. However, lately, obviously due to old age, she has got a lot worse. I have tried the glucosamine(sp) tablets from Vetvits, but she will only take them in tuna as she only eats dried food and tinned tuna. You cant pop them down her throat as they are too large. Having 3 cats in the house, I cant be sure that she gets enough of the tablet in her food, even though I dose all 3 bowls!
Has anyone got any other natural remedies that I can try, before I take her to the vets and get her proper drugs?

Many thanks,
Mary.

plum crumble

Re: Tabitha's stiff joints.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 19:34 »
Hiya - I also have a 15 year old arthritic tabby - called Ted. He is loads better since giving him half a tablet a day - which you can easily crush and sprinkle over whatever food you give - don't know if I am allowed to mention brand names - but if you go on the website of Lintbells, you will see a product "Yumove" for joint support for dogs (yes dogs - but you can half the quantity for cats). All I can say is that Ted is a million times better for it, and has been on it for 2 years. The test was that I ran out once and he didn't get tabs for 5 days, and he really went downhill. Once back on them, he really perked up again. And it is all natural, not drugs!!!!
cheers
Plum

small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

ali2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:14 »
I would have recommended Youmove too  :)
Dogs were born with three legs and a spare.

NormandyMary

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 20:28 »
Ive looked at the Yumove, Ive checked the ingredients and they are exactly the same as what Im giving Tabby now, only I get mine from Healthspan at a fraction of the price. I will just have to make sure that she has one very single day without fail, which means that the mogs will have to have Tuna every day so that I can crush the tablets in it. They are too big to swallow, and shouldnt be taken like that.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 36 queries.