• 19 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Sticky fly paper strips V cat
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 15:58 »
My ladies started to need their claws cutting in winter when they got to about mid teens (well, you dont expect us to go out in this weather, do you?   :ohmy:  We are ladies!!   ::) ) and as they get older and move less and the claws thicken, it gets to be more often.  But they get to accept it, cats are pragmatists.  Next time will be easier ....

(remind me that i said that when I am complaining about getting pills down her!    :nowink: )

I hope so as I don't like her getting stressed with her being so old.

I bought a pill dispenser from our vets to help in giving pills.  It has little prongs that hold on to the pill and a button to release the pill when you have the dispenser far enough in the mouth.  Haven't had to use it yet but it must be better than fingers.  I used to put my hand over her nostrils and mouth until she had swallowed her pills.  That usually worked.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Paul Plots

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 01:18 »
I think a dripping tap is a team activity in this house  ;)

Are you sure there's no goldfish in the bottom?   :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mobilekat

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 13:37 »
Wonderful photo, does look like they are having a great time!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

madcat

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 19:13 »
I bought a pill dispenser from our vets to help in giving pills.  It has little prongs that hold on to the pill and a button to release the pill when you have the dispenser far enough in the mouth.  Haven't had to use it yet but it must be better than fingers.  I used to put my hand over her nostrils and mouth until she had swallowed her pills.  That usually worked.

I've got one of those but haven't got the knack of using it.  somehow it seems to need an extra hand, and by the time i have worked it out, so has she......  Owww!   >:(  let me know how you get on and if there is a trick to it if you would? 

You've not met my gentle little Arwen Madcat...... Each time she finds a new way to back flip at claw clipping time, fangs come out and if another cat enters the room they get a punishing (as it is clearly their fault she has been clipped!). For such a fat cat she can move fast!!!

No .....   :unsure:  could you please not introduce her to my Blonde?  She has enough ways to escape things she doesnt like as it is ...  I'd hate to see the team action!   :ohmy:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

xx
urine testing strips help!!

Started by starry on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 22:15
by Lulu

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 33 queries.