Growster's 'Woofer' in action...

• 27 Replies

Growster...

Re: Growster's 'Woofer' in action...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 06:44 »
They're nearly ready, just taking the red-eye out of the cabbages...

Then it's off to Boots to get them developed, and put in a frame...

Do you want a mahogany moulded frame, or just a plain one, and is A3 too big?

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27 »
A3 mahogany is just fine. ;)

"....taking the red-eye out of the cabbages..."  :nowink:  :lol:
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21 »
You do realise that to protect the innocent, and also avoid scaring those of a tender disposition, the pic, once framed, will only show the actual kit, Argyllie...;0)

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 13:08 »
Of course. :D

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 20:11 »
At last!

Here is the pic you’ve all been waiting for, and a couple more to give you an idea of why I have to sit down every now and then…

The ‘Woofer’ is the yellow speaker box bit, and was a gift from a chum, which nearly worked… The actual electric kit inside was a couple of big speakers, with magnets so strong, they collected up nearly all the tools in the shed on one occasion, so they were chucked pretty early on!

The pic shows the ‘Woofer’ in position ‘B’, which is the best height for couch encloutment. Position ‘A’ is a bit high, and causes severe lacerations to the zongular muscles in the forearm, because I have to lean down too far. And position ‘C’ is unstable, because the attractive brushed aluminium panel creates havoc with other various extremities, when seated upon with less than careful consideration…

Tastefully arranged on the ‘Woofer’, is the ‘Cloutster’, which is a cut down version of an old WW2 Land Army general purpose hoe, found in the shed years ago. The handle is from a piece of yew, lopped from the churchyard behind us, no doubt re-living the heady days when it supplied bow shafts for local archers pootling down the road for the battle of Hastings, which was fought just down the road, (not recently you understand).

Beside the entourage, is the trusty ‘Terrex’ fork, which is a godsend on the patch, as there’s so much to do, and this digs the soil after the long grass has been scraped off with the ‘Growstada’ (see posts passim). The couch is deftly hoiked after a good clouting, into the red crate, (which we used to keep full of cheapo wine and beer from Calais – all eight of them…)

There is also a general view, showing the rough paths etc, which will get straightened up when the hard graft is done. We’re forming thirty-five separate beds, and the ideas for the layout came from chums here, so I have plenty of people to blame if it all goes pear shaped…;0)

In the background, with the red shed and all the nets, is the ‘Plot’, on which we’ve been slaving for the past year. All that half-plot was dug over with the ‘Terrex’ spade and the ‘Cloutster’ last year (but no ‘Woofer’), and it took over fifty hours, but it’s a tried and tested regime, especially when the couch starts to take on a mind of its own. It’s amazing how much couch survived, but the following year, it’s a doddle to get the newly growing stuff out, so that may give some hope to anyone with an overgrown, desolate, derelict, plot, and a yearning for being back in a life with no patch to dig and clout, because there is also a pic taken in August, before all this started again!

And just to prove that I did indeed forget my camera, and had to go back down there to retrieve it last night, there’s a pic taken in the dark, which well may be a first here…;0)
DSCN6712 (600 x 450) (400 x 300).jpg
DSCN6713 (400 x 300).jpg
DSCN6641 (400 x 300).jpg
DSCN6714 (400 x 300).jpg

snowdrops

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 20:20 »
I too thoroughly enjoy your posts Growster. They make me laugh. As to the pics, looks like you've come along way with your plot,hope you have many more comfortable hours with your woofer.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 20:42 »
It was a treat to read this, Growster and relive your trials along with you, all with a gentle humour too  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 21:07 »
Once again the Growster view of life makes me smile  :)  I can just see you shuffling along on the Woofer hoiking couch roots over your shoulder into the crate  :)

Growster...

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 06:14 »
I too thoroughly enjoy your posts Growster. They make me laugh. As to the pics, looks like you've come along way with your plot,hope you have many more comfortable hours with your woofer.

Just love it all really Snow!

There are so many things to do differently - and better next year, but the graft doesn't ever wait, and just gets worse if it's not done early on!

Growster...

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 06:17 »
It was a treat to read this, Growster and relive your trials along with you, all with a gentle humour too  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always happy to oblige KC - it is a light hearted/serious pastime/career/habit/hobby/provider after all, so we all might just as well have a bit of fun while we're at it!

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 06:18 »
Once again the Growster view of life makes me smile  :)  I can just see you shuffling along on the Woofer hoiking couch roots over your shoulder into the crate  :)

You've been there haven't you News...!

You've got better pictures haven't you...;0)

Gwan, you have, you have...

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 06:55 »
What can I say?  :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 08:49 »

Always happy to oblige KC - it is a light hearted/serious pastime/career/habit/hobby/provider after all, so we all might just as well have a bit of fun while we're at it!

The day there is no fun anywhere at all ever, is the day to say you've had enough  :ohmy: :D

xx
The 'Growster' Wheel Hoe...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

22 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 20:37
by Growster...
xx
Growster's graunched greenhouse...

7 Replies
Last post May 15, 2013, 16:07
by allotmentann
xx
For those about to dibble, the 'Growster' Foot-Operated Dibbler...

9 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 20:48
by Growster...
xx
my flymo dm in action lol

Started by daveinmanc on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post October 30, 2007, 14:47
by muntjac

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 30 queries.