natural rat control

• 19 Replies

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
natural rat control
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 06:59 »
thanks for the advice compo - i intend to use it for pest control in my own garden only, hence i dont want to spend too much, just protect my crops...and the birds from those `orrible squirrels.

Stripey_cat

natural rat control
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 21:31 »
Quote from: "Teen76"
I was told that Rats do not like the smell of mint and so you could grow some of that.

I've not actually tried it as I don't have a rat problem.

The little s***s nested under a shed planted round with mint, so I think it may not work if there's a tempting food-source nearby.

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
natural rat control
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 10:32 »
rats must be killed theres no other way unless u want thousands of em and every disease known to man...

Leligdowicz

Re: natural rat control
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 18:31 »
Quote from: "mandapanda"
Does anyone know a way of controlling rats without harming other wildlife. We have a problem with them eating EVERYTHING but are worried about poisoning other wildlife too. Traps not working...

Carbon Monoxide works a treat. Stick a rubber hose up the old exhaust pipe & down the rat hole .Rev like mad for a few minutes and watch the blighters scarper! You'll also locate the other holes as the fumes start to escape.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
natural rat control
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 10:35 »
Quote from: "compo"
Air guns are a controlled item in the uk, and obviously subject to very tight controls. (doesnt stop the local chavs though)
   http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/gunlaw.htm      to see more on it.
We have to get written permission to use on private land from the land owner, usualy a farmer with a rabbit or rat problem.
 If its a road you want to go down, contact your local gun shop who will give you all the best advice and probably point you at a gun club for training.
 How responsible was that ?!!  Must be getting older :lol: Seriously though, some people can treat these guns as toys, in fact they are classed as a weapon. Have safe fun!

Here's a document from the home office - as far as I know it still represents current law.

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/news-and-publications/publication/operational-policing/AirWeaponsLeafletAW.pdf?view=Binary
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Ladybirds and Resolva natural power

Started by Beano on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post August 04, 2019, 20:30
by Beano
xx
Plants to grow in an office with no natural light?

Started by Stratts on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2012, 20:29
by azubah
question
Milipede control

Started by richyrich7 on General Gardening

11 Replies
Last post April 18, 2009, 23:50
by Salmo
xx
rabbit control!

Started by celtbhoy on General Gardening

22 Replies
Last post March 31, 2007, 08:10
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 36 queries.