Freezer inventories.

• 17 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Freezer inventories.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2023, 14:28 »
(though I'm a little confused about getting a joint of beef from a frozen salmon?  I think maybe something got mis-edited).
There is indeed a cut of beef called a Salmon cut silverside
https://www.tuckersbutchers.com/beef/roasting-joints/beef-silverside-salmon-cut.html#:~:text=Perfect%20with%20homemade%20Yorkshire%20puddings,bit%20pink%20in%20the%20middle.
The salmon cut gets its name as the muscle is shaped like a salmon, it comes from the back of the cow and it generally leaner that Topside so should be roasted slowly keeping it a bit pink in the middle.

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2023, 18:33 »
Our butcher used to make us up a 'Leg of mutton' joint, which I think is further up the shoulder than a 'Salmon Cut', and needed a longish time in the oven.

It was always a bit cheaper than better cuts, and anyway, as we were immediate neighbours, he always took a few pence off our order, and was a delightful gentleman in his own business! Luckily, his wife is still around for a great hug and a chat whenever we meet, but the shop has long gone, sadly!

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2023, 22:06 »
(though I'm a little confused about getting a joint of beef from a frozen salmon?  I think maybe something got mis-edited).
There is indeed a cut of beef called a Salmon cut silverside
https://www.tuckersbutchers.com/beef/roasting-joints/beef-silverside-salmon-cut.html#:~:text=Perfect%20with%20homemade%20Yorkshire%20puddings,bit%20pink%20in%20the%20middle.
The salmon cut gets its name as the muscle is shaped like a salmon, it comes from the back of the cow and it generally leaner that Topside so should be roasted slowly keeping it a bit pink in the middle.

Not mis-edited then... just misunderstood by ME! My apologies. I've never heard of that before.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

xx
Freezer re-arrangement...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post December 01, 2017, 18:06
by Growster...
xx
cleaning out the freezer

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2023, 20:35
by John
xx
So how full is your freezer...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post November 19, 2023, 17:44
by rowlandwells
xx
The shop in the shed/freezer/stashed in jars...

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 29, 2017, 22:00
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 40 queries.