Angry Footballers

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Angry Footballers
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:59 »
Ah, what a shame.   Pleading "Burn out", because they may have three fixtures in five days.    :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Kleftiwallah

Re: Angry Footballers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 17:24 »
Not being particularly fond of or interested in football,  I'd just like to know why is it that the manager gets the push and not the trainer??

Cheers,   Tony. ???
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 17:53 »
I have sympathy with the players. Playing three games in five games massively increases the risk of injury to a player. As someone who played amateur football and had an injury for 3 months it's really horrible to not be able to play the game you love. The powers that be a putting the players at risk purely so they can complete the season and be ready to start again next year as normal.
Just remember that the majority of players out there don't earn the megabucks headline figures that the top stars get and they've got to make a playing career of 20 years pay for their entire life.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 21:17 »
I don't think the season next year will be 'normal', anyway.

I suppose if I took £50,000 a week for sitting at home, I'd be counting my blessings, but it's the TV companies who are bleating, and it was ever thus!

Tough! Way of the world! Never mind...

(P1P, Amateurs and normal players aren't included in this post)!

al78

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 00:04 »
It is my experience that those who whinge about others performing certain activities are nearly always the most clueless about said activities. The phrase "Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes" comes to mind.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 00:58 »
I don't think the season next year will be 'normal', anyway.

I suppose if I took £50,000 a week for sitting at home, I'd be counting my blessings, but it's the TV companies who are bleating, and it was ever thus!

Tough! Way of the world! Never mind...

(P1P, Amateurs and normal players aren't included in this post)!

Yeah I get that, but I've played with guys who at their best earned £1000k a week. They had a bonus of £250 appearance fee. You miss 2 months injured, that's 2 grand you're down. I worked with a guy at Royal Mail who was a good player for Coventry City in the 70's and he was stuck delivering letters in his later years.
When I started out I had trials at Birmingham City, Wolves, Derby & Leicester. Never got the nod because I wasn't good enough but you really respect those at the top of the game who have earned their top status. The great thing about football is that it's a rare industry that the 'workers' who generate the money are the ones that get the wages. If only other businesses rewarded the performers and workers so proportionately.

xx
Very Angry

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

29 Replies
Last post March 17, 2019, 09:42
by Lardman
xx
I am angry

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post July 28, 2019, 00:16
by al78

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 34 queries.