cash only

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

cash only
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:05 »
 some friends and  me went to the vintage tractor show at the three counties show ground Malvern yesterday we had a very nice time there the weather was fine plenty to see and buy

however i was suprised everything was for cash only. the  enterance cash only all the stalls cash only but i think what knocked me back more than ever was i bought my friends a bacon roll and a cup of tea so that's tree teas and 3 bacon rolls £21.00 yep twenty one  quid lucky for me i bought some cash with me when i go to the spring show at Malvern i must remember to take a packed lunch i know i come from the country but i don't live in the country manor or own a rolls :D

madcat

Re: cash only
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:33 »
When we go to the 3 counties show there I always avoid the main cafe for the same reason!  Either take lunch or find the more reasonably priced traders out in the grounds (ie not the 'food courts').  I know that they have to cover the fixed costs on relatively few trading days, but there is a point when they are pushing business away. 

Lovely showground though.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 11:03 »
They do try to take advantage of the public at these major events.   Hampton Court Flower Show is an example, along with the South of England County Show, anything on the Detling Show Ground,  even the Findon Sheep Fair is fairly outrageous now.   Our garden club are going on an outing soon to Savill Gardens, we went a couple of years ago, and the only place to buy food was at the brilliant restaurant, this was quite reasonable, but we still took water and a few snacks !!!.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

grinling

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 19:59 »
You could contact the officials and complain. Stall holders have to pay for being there and still like to make a profit. I can understand cash as wifi is hit and miss in rural

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 20:28 »
Cash is king, with cash or readies as i like to call it you can always do a deal easy enough,,,,,,,,,,,,
If you was selling an item and two buyers turn up one had readies and the other buyer would write
you a cheque,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't tell me you would take the cheque,,,, ::) ::) :nowink:
Colin

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 34 queries.