Pink Flower ID

• 8 Replies

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
Pink Flower ID
« on: May 18, 2017, 14:58 »
Please. I have been asked to ID the pink flower at the front of the vase. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
PinkFlower.png

lettice

Re: Pink Flower ID
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 15:49 »
Looks like a gerbera daisy

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 15:52 »
I agree.  A gerbera  :)

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 16:07 »
Thank You Very Much to you both.

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 17:14 »
I agree.  A gerbera  :)

Seconded Thirded by me. I agree.

Lovely flowers - can be grown in pots on a warm patio I believe.....
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 18:00 »
I was given a plant for my birthday last year, potted it up once and kept it in a cold greenhouse overwinter.
It's already on it's 4th flower, so must be quite hardy, although I thought they were tender plants  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 20:43 »
They are not bone hardy, but if you can keep them on the dry side over with winter they will stand a surprising amount of cold.  There are some that are supposed to be garden hardy - we used to get them in at work, but I think you would need exceptionable drainage and a sheltered spot to get them through outdoors.

Very pretty as a houseplant or bedding plant though and they come in a huge range of colours, plus single and double forms these days  :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 00:51 »
Years ago (probably about 5 or 6 now) I took my dad out in his wheelchair to the local garden centre / nursery. I think we'd just gone out for a wander but he decided to buy my mum an orange gerbera instead of a bunch of flowers before we returned home. He'd always been a keen gardener... the gerbera looked better value too.

We took the pot home and it stayed on the coffee table for a while before I potted it on and plonked it outside. Outside it has stayed... and then moved with them to the bungalow over the road from me.

Much to my surprise it came up again this year....I had almost forgotten about it... Just a shoot or two appeared, a few leaves and then a flower... my wife is now taking special care of it for me.

My dad died in 2013 and my mum 2016....

Some things last longer than you expect if they have just the right position, warmth / shelter and luck. ;)

Mum2mj

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 09:48 »
Years ago (probably about 5 or 6 now) I took my dad out in his wheelchair to the local garden centre / nursery. I think we'd just gone out for a wander but he decided to buy my mum an orange gerbera instead of a bunch of flowers before we returned home. He'd always been a keen gardener... the gerbera looked better value too.

We took the pot home and it stayed on the coffee table for a while before I potted it on and plonked it outside. Outside it has stayed... and then moved with them to the bungalow over the road from me.

Much to my surprise it came up again this year....I had almost forgotten about it... Just a shoot or two appeared, a few leaves and then a flower... my wife is now taking special care of it for me.

My dad died in 2013 and my mum 2016....

Some things last longer than you expect if they have just the right position, warmth / shelter and luck. ;)

That's lovely it's come back up.  I lost my mum in 2015 and I find things like this comforting

xx
Can anyone recomend a pink plant or flower?

Started by TheOnlyGothInTheVillage on General Gardening

32 Replies
Last post January 29, 2011, 10:00
by TheOnlyGothInTheVillage
xx
Pink hawthorn

Started by DonnaM on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 14:24
by DonnaM
xx
Pink Garden Kit...

Started by courgette on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post March 13, 2008, 22:07
by shaun
xx
Tall Pink Plants & Flowers?

Started by TheOnlyGothInTheVillage on General Gardening

24 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 21:42
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 34 queries.