Frontline Combo best flea/tick treatment for cats?

• 63 Replies

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Frontline Combo best flea/tick treatment for cats?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 21:14 »
I must have been really lucky with my cat as she never had a flea in the 17 years we had her.  We never used flea treatment and never had to worm her.  She only ever had one tick as well.  She was a very unsociable cat and would not let any on her territory so that might have been why.   ::) :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Goosegirl

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27 »
Thanks Maxiboo - have Indorex noted down. Where do you use it - edges, corners, upholstery - and do you have to remove the cats when doing it?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

maxyboo

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 22:01 »
Spray it everywhere :) The directions say spray on pets bedding, directly on and if possible, under rugs and carpets, blankets, tiles, skirting boards, pay particular attention to cracks and crevices. You can't use it in a room with fish in and remove all pets. I wear a mask and work my way through the house, top to bottom, making sure the windows are open for ventilation. Then I usually go outside and do a bit of gardening to give it a chance to air.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 00:54 »
Know of anything to stop kittens peeing where they shouldn't??????????????

Goosegirl

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56 »
Ooooh! :ohmy: Not a nice thing at all. One thing I know not to do is give their botties a tap or rub their noses in it. Pick the culprit up and put it in the litter tray and scrabble its paws in the litter stuff. Do they use the tray? Perhaps they don't like the litter you're using? Years ago, we acquired an abandoned kitten who would sometimes go under our sideboard despite what we did including putting citrus peel there.  :(

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01 »
Ooooh! :ohmy: Not a nice thing at all. One thing I know not to do is give their botties a tap or rub their noses in it. Pick the culprit up and put it in the litter tray and scrabble its paws in the litter stuff. Do they use the tray? Perhaps they don't like the litter you're using? Years ago, we acquired an abandoned kitten who would sometimes go under our sideboard despite what we did including putting citrus peel there.  :(

They have been using the litter tray with no problems but one day just peed on the leather sofa cushion - despite bleaching clean they have done it again twice.
Also peed on a pile of shoes in the hallway - that might have had an outdoor smell though :unsure:

Goosegirl

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 11:32 »
We have a female cat called Amber who, in the past, has twice peed where she shouldn't - one on the duvet  >:( and once on my OH's suitcase lying on the floor  :(. She is quite a nervous cat and I believe it was a sign of sudden stress. The clue to me is that both your sofa and shoes are the two main places where your own scent is strongest. Assuming they are healthy, it could be a sign of some sudden competition for your attention, or a sudden change in the household, especially involving smell, has made them nervous and / or insecure in some way. How many kittens do you have and are they all doing it? Sorry - shouldn't chuckle at them peeing on your shoes - not nice if you had to put them on in the dark!  :nowink:

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 11:52 »
I would have chuckled later - had I had to put them on!
Would have been cross at the time mind you! :lol:

Have just ordered a leather cleaning solution called Em Clean so will try that ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 12:39 »
Your kittens are trying to tell you something isn't right for them. Cats are normally very fastidious about their toilet, so just observe and think what happened just before they started doing it. Cleaner is good but pro-active. You need to prevent it happening again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:51 by Goosegirl »

Goosegirl

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 13:46 »
Having had Daphne on monthly Frontline and an anti-inflammatory monthly injection and hoovered everyrthing all over, it has not solved it, so just ordered some Advantage spot-on. She is losing even more fur after her last vet treatment, has lots of little scabs all over her litle body and is still continually scratching herself despite all this. I will let you know how she goes on after I receive the order and treat her, but will take her to the vets next week for another anti-inflammatory injection for her itches.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 18:14 »
Poor lass  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 10:54 »
Poor lass  :(
I know - she used to have such lovely "trousers" but now has a rather bare bottie. :ohmy:

ANHBUC

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 12:35 »
It must be so difficult to see her like that, I hope you find a solution for her soon.  I had a thought about using t tree oil but having done a quick search it would not be suitable (well not neat from what I have read).  I did come across THIS on making a Rosemary flea dip and some other natural remedies.   

Goosegirl

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 14:36 »
Crumbs - I am now such in a dilemma as to what is best without creating more probs! ANHBUC - looked at that website but have reservations without any sure guarantee. I remember buying a house in 1984 and got bitten all over my legs - about 30 of them every day. The Pest Control Officer asked if the previous owners had a cat - I said yes - he said they were cat fleas. :ohmy: :ohmy: I can't possibly get rid of them by cleaning and hoovering alone, and a smoke bomb is out of the question. The anti-inflammation injections don't seem to help to any visible degree, so just want to put something on her skin that will soothe her (apart from my kisses). I have ordered some Advantage on-line from Petsupermarket.co.uk with the hope it will do more than the Frontline stuff. I will let you all know how she does in the near future.

ANHBUC

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 16:43 »
Fingers crossed you find a solution soon.   :)

xx
Recall Dog Flea treatment... Fatal

Started by grinling on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post November 16, 2016, 14:21
by mumofstig
xx
Cat flea treatment...fatal Recall product

Started by grinling on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post November 16, 2016, 17:04
by madcat
xx
Spot-on cat wormer v spot-on combined wormer and flea treatment

Started by Goosegirl on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post March 13, 2015, 12:33
by grendel
xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 36 queries.