PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

• 45 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Lovely news about that poor pup that lost its  eye Pamela :)

Oliveview

Pancho went to his new home with Adela and Paco today. Friday, another dog was adopted, Rasta, a Spanish Water Dog. She had lived rough fir months. She was thought to have been a male, but when clipped was discovered to be female, what was thought to be male bits were matted fur!!

It has been a good week at the refuge :D

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
So, so pleased to hear these lovely updates - after all that you have witnessed and reported, it's great to see the happier endings  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

BobE

Pancho went to his new home with Adela and Paco today. Friday, another dog was adopted, Rasta, a Spanish Water Dog. She had lived rough fir months. She was thought to have been a male, but when clipped was discovered to be female, what was thought to be male bits were matted fur!!

It has been a good week at the refuge :D

Pamela

There must be a joke there!!  I should restrain myself!.

Im pleased Rasta has a happy home.

What is a Spanish water dog?  (Is it like my retrever, she loves water)

Oliveview

The Spanish water dog looks a lot like a poodle!!

Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
fingers crossed this upturn in adopters continues Pamela  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

compostqueen

Well done Pamela and co  :)  Your good reputation will gain you more clients so keep up the good work. Your unwanted dogs need you very much. Just think what their lives would be without you all  :)

BobE

Pamela, I thought you might like to post this onto a notice board at the rescue.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Pamela - your work is so important and is going so well currently you need to be so proud of yourself and your colleagues. :) :) :)

Oliveview

Today I had an email from the family who adopted the two dogs, and another stray one. The work contract is not being renewed/ cancelled, so they want rid of all three dogs :ohmy: I explained we have no room at all, not a spare space anywhere. When they adopted the dogs they said when the contract finishes they are going back to the UK and the company pays for the dogs to go back too.  She is now threatening to get all 3 put to sleep.
We have no space anywhere for small dogs, let alone 2 big dogs, I said about putting them on animal websites, she said she has no time and will just put them to sleep.  I have asked for an up to date photo so we can try to find a home, but she has ignored me so far. 
I understand how worrying it must be, we need to work with them trying to find a home, not just threaten us with putting the dogs to sleep!

Pamela

snowdrops

Why are  people like that,why get in touch if she's going to destroy them if you don't jump high enough. She can't love them very much.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

They did the same when they returned the other Mastin dog, he did not settle with them, we asked her if she could wait 3 days or so, as we again had no room and 2 big dogs were being re-homed the following weekend and she said no, they would put him to sleep, so we had to take him back and shift all the dogs about. This time we have 12 more dogs! 
I wish I had never heard of the dammed woman!!

Pamela

Springlands

What a nasty piece of work she is - could say a lot more but words fail me. I am just so sorry that this has happened.   >:(

lacaya

Sorry Pamela.  Dreadful woman shouldn't be anywhere near animals by the sound of it. I do hope you can get it sorted.

Have you heard of a site in the UK called Dogs Blog?  They get a lot of Romanian dogs and a few Spanish on there as well as from UK pounds etc.   Address: www.dogsblog.com
You could advertise them on there and reach a wider audience. It's free.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
There should be a licencing system so that these people can never again own dogs.   >:(
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
Hopefully 2 good news stories

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post October 10, 2012, 18:27
by Oliveview
xx
Good news on dog microchipping

Started by arugula on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post February 14, 2013, 14:09
by arugula
xx
News from the refuge

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

312 Replies
Last post November 22, 2016, 09:52
by Aled

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 36 queries.