Pingu is a Mum.

• 12 Replies

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Pingu is a Mum.
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:28 »
  :D  :D My Silver Sussex is now a Mum, she has 4 lovely little French Cuckoo Marans chicks and seems very happy. We have been given a hutch (formally a home to a giant rabbit) and will be moving the new family in later today. Pingu decided to nest in the cat shelter, which hasn't gone down too well with Maggie (cat). Will take some pics when they move to their new home later.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 14:20 by JaK »

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Pingu is a Mum.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08 »
I love to see a broody with chicks.  Pity Maggie is not impressed but at least she will get her shelter back now.  Looking forward to the pictures of Pingu with her babies.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 14:16 »
Maggie has her house back now. Pingu was not impressed with being moved but she will have lot's more room now. Here she is looking very cross with me.  :ohmy:

Mum2mj

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 14:55 »
Oh my goodness they are cute!

ANHBUC

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 20:54 »
They are lovely.  I hope you have some females, do you have any ideas yet or do you have to wait until they develop more?

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 21:20 »
I think there is 2 boys and 2 girls but will find out for sure when they start to feather up. I don't really mind what they turn out to be really. You can't really tell in this picture but their leg feathering looks very promising, so the boys should be good breeding stock for somebody.

ANHBUC

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13 »
Keep the photos coming, I love seeing how they develop so quickly.  Two of my young cockerels that hatched in February are currently strutting their stuff.  Their sister however is still baby like, I am looking forward to seeing her first egg whenever it arrives.   :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:40 »
The look on Pingu's face is priceless  :lol:  Hope you were suitably sorry JaK  :)

Lovely chicks  :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:57 »
A house move and new babies! No wonder he's not impressed!

They're lovely. :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 08:35 »
Only a hen person knows what a 'cross' expression looks like!  They are beautiful!
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 10:26 »
My little marans are now just over 4 weeks old and growing well. It looks like only one of them is a girl and she isn't cuckoo either! She must be copper black. I'm not really worried about her colour though, we will keep her but might need to buy her a little friend to grow up with.

ANHBUC

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 14:24 »
Doesn't time fly and they grow so quickly.  Still waiting for some more photos!   :wub:  ;)

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 11:58 »
Yes, I will get on to that!
The two definite boys have been rehomed over the last couple of days, they were very smart looking and had good leg feathering, they will now lead happy lives with their own girls in breeding pens.
I still have the one I think is a girl and the one I'm not sure of. Nobody seems to be sure of the sex of that one so I will keep it to grow on for now.

xx
this is pingu

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post May 10, 2010, 10:52
by Hayley'sHens

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 36 queries.