Aspirator quandary...

• 1 Replies

Growster...

Aspirator quandary...
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:29 »
A chum was given a lot of wine-making equipment, and some of it ended up here!

There is also an aspirator bottle, in Pyrex glass and with a two gallon cpacity. Goodness knows where that came from as they're worth well over £100.00 new, but anyway, this is minus a stopper at the top, and has no tap attachment at the bottom, although the milled glass indicates that this is what is needed to make it work. (It's for separating fluids of different S.G.s.)

I've been wracking my brains as to what to do with it, and wonder if anyone wants it for a sort of garden in a bottle display? I'm not into this sort of thing, but funnily enough, my chum's wife is an expert flower arranger, so it might not have been good enough for her speciality!

Any ideas?
Aspirator cropped.jpg

Goosegirl

Re: Aspirator quandary...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 13:22 »
For a moment I thought the iron lung you bought on eBay had stopped working!  :lol:
How about using it for:
1) An Ikebana display where you put some coloured glass in the bottom and then add a single well-chosen flower.
2) Take it to a collector of old medical items and tell him it was used in ancient times by filling it with leeches and upturning it on what ever area needed blood-letting.
3) Stick a lampshade on top, decorate the glass with opaque acrylic paint, and sell it on eBay for mega-bucks.
4) Fill it with varying amounts of water and blow horizontally over the top to give your grandchildren a lesson in music and physics.
5) If you ever get stuck in traffic for a long time and need a wee (best get a funnel if there's a lady with you). 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 28 queries.