Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

Growster...

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2018, 20:59 »
Mowed everywhere, and edged...

Need to dig out the other edges tomorrow, as the geraniums need a home, and the dear chums next door like seeing them on 'Wisley', which they call it all as a view from their bedroom...

...more like Bisley...

;0)

Still no regrets about giving up The Patch. The new guysand gals have just gone mad with frames, shrubs, plants, bulbs etc, and I'm really overwhelmed at their progress...

As I'm seventy, and they're in their late thirties, I re-live their joy and Mrs Growster and I have the best result we could wish for!

Gorgeous! Happy days!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2018, 07:03 »
I'm glad it is working out ok Growster, your version of Wisley sounds delightful  :D

An early morning for me, I woke at 5 and just couldn't get comfortable enough to go back to sleep  :wacko: I gave up trying and decided to do a list of what needs doing on the plot  ::) The list is soo long, because of the weird weather so far this year, so slow and methodical seems to be the way to go. Some of the 'that would be pretty/might try that' options may get crossed off the list, as I need to get all the basic stuff done first... starting with the greenhouse tomatoes  :D

Growster...

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2018, 07:08 »
Mum, that could have been me posting this!

Everything you wrote applies here, and the shower has started to leak again as well, but this time I can see the problem..:0(

Lovely Kent morning though!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2018, 08:09 »
It's a beautiful morning here as well.  Off to work in a bit, but I also have a long list of catch-up jobs for the plot and greenhouse for over the weekend.

If a few get ditched along the way, then that is just how it will have to be  :lol:

madcat

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2018, 09:34 »
Lovely here too.  Washing flapping on the line in the sun and somehow the chores don't feel too bad. 

(OH might have a different view when he realizes most of that wash load is ironing - his dept.   :dry: )
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2018, 09:19 »
We had a lot of rain yesterday, starting late afternoon and continuing into the evening.  Loads more tjan forecast, but the garden looks fresh this morning, so it did some good  :)

Blue sky and sunshine now and I'm off to the plot in a bit.  Enjoy your Sunday everyone  :D

Growster...

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2018, 12:14 »
Started the edges a day late (rain), and have found: -

3 Columbines
A lovely geum we'd forgotten about, just in bud,
A standard rose ditto
A honeysuckle ditto
Several primroses in a state of gasp...

And a million or three of those tall buttercup types which we can never remember the names of, plus the same number of white bluebells. Much of this is behind 'Dennis', one of our pear trees, and getting down there was a bit tight, especially as several of our cats are asleep close by, and I didn't want to wake them...

One thing I've realised is that a lot of this latter stuff was choking the roots of 'George', our resident Lord Lambourne, and he really needs some TLC, so he'll get a gallon of Miraclegro when we've cleared everything! (With ice and lemon knowing him)!

Christine

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2018, 19:27 »
Next year I'm going to be a proper gardener and grow things. This year I have lost the touch completely. Things I can usually grow without trouble aren't playing this year.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2018, 19:38 »
Things I can usually grow without trouble aren't playing this year.

Don't despair you are not alone  ::) It seems I can't grow cabbages this year  :dry:

Growster...

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2018, 06:28 »
...and I can't grow pumpkins either!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2018, 07:47 »
I wonder if DD. can still grow peas?  ::) 

Getting a lift to Argos soon, to pick up the new battery mower/strimmer combo and browse B&M's veg plants - I hope they have grown some cabbage for me  :lol:

It feels cooler this morning, so maybe a garden rather than a plot day. No fledglings in the robin's nest to worry about now - I don't know what got them, either the magpies, which have been very noisy lately, or one of the many local cats  :(

snowdrops

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2018, 08:00 »
Ahh that’s a shame about the robins. Enjoy your trip to town.
Not sure on what today holds for me today apart from sitting & admiring my fingers when I’ve been & got my nails done 😊, might feel I can’t get mucky, but the onion seedlings could do with going in & I need to sort the greenhouse out. I need to move the rest of the tomatoes down there but then I’ll need to clean the conservatory, decisions,decisions
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2018, 08:16 »
I hope the nails are doing ok and you are remembering to put your gloves on  :D

I played with the mower yesterday and was impressed, was hoping to finish the job today but the weather has other ideas. Looks like I'll be using the Dyson instead - oh well - it does need doing :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2018, 13:27 »
Thanks Mum, nails are standing up to it, with gloves at every opportunity, helped garden club empty 96 large hanging baskets yesterday 😱😂

Growster...

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2018, 14:34 »
...and I can't grow pumpkins either!

Blimes!

Three more have appeared..;0)

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 55 queries.