Westwood Rotavator Q`s?

• 5 Replies

hogwarden

Westwood Rotavator Q`s?
« on: October 15, 2009, 13:37 »
 :)hello everybody. I recently pulled my old rotavator from the back of the shed where it has lain for at least 15 years and after some fettling mainly to the points etc. and stop switch wiring-which had got mangled-it ran. I have just run it over my garden veg. patch before taking on later the big allotment sized job. This old beast was old when I came by her some 25/30 years ago and still giving service. Does anybody know how old/type etc.-is this the same co. as now makes tractor mowers?-are there any spares sources, it is basically complete but never had the air-filter cover and a new silencer would be a boon!(Aspera HN35 engine--not Techumseh as first posted-oops!)-thanks in advance for any info.--BTW have seen similar but smaller versions on ebay recently.
cannot upload image direct due to file size hence go to--> for pic.-cheers and regards-H

Ah well the pic. now seems to have uploaded Ok?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 17:13 by hogwarden »

Gwiz

Re: Westwood Rotavator Q`s?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 16:02 »
hello,
Tecumseh Europe went "belly up" last year, as a result it is becoming difficult to get parts for these engines, but you would be able to get a replacement briggs engine, or a honda to fit your machine when there are no more parts available.

sorry to give you grim news.. :(

hogwarden

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 17:11 »
hello,
Tecumseh Europe went "belly up" last year, as a result it is becoming difficult to get parts for these engines, but you would be able to get a replacement briggs engine, or a honda to fit your machine when there are no more parts available.

sorry to give you grim news.. :(
Thanks for effort-had a senior moment?-it`s an  Aspera motor, Techumseh was the old mower  :(

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 17:54 »
even worse news for you then.
They went to the wall years ago. ;)

hogwarden

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 18:15 »
So it seems-as I ratchet up my knowledge bank!-seems much common between Asp. and Tec. and plenty basic consumables about :happy: Have to keep fingers crossed and keep an eye open for a donor just in case. :ohmy:
Still would like to know when the beast was made or thereabouts! 8)

Gwiz

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 18:22 »
I'd love to seem clever by telling you, but in truth it's not a model that I have had any dealings with in the past. I did used to sell westwood ride-on-mowers a long time ago, but we didn't sell the rotovators. ;)

xx
Westwood Rotavator

Started by summer of love on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 25, 2010, 18:38
by summer of love
xx
westwood gemini rotavator spares?

Started by jeff-lincs on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 11:50
by jeff-lincs
xx
Westwood Gemini Rotavator Service

Started by SimonIG10 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 15, 2012, 18:46
by dorimower
xx
Westwood 8

Started by Wild Pony on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 10:23
by Wild Pony

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 34 queries.