Can't bear this

• 6 Replies

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
Can't bear this
« on: April 10, 2019, 17:49 »
In the paper today utterly disgusting behaviour of Norfolk council netting a huge amount of cliff to stop sand Martin's returning home to nest. They flew 3000 miles and arrived exhausted desperately trying to get through the nets. Several were trapped and a extra also became stuck. Absolute carnage. Sick people. >:(

al78

Re: Can't bear this
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 17:52 »
What was their justification for this?

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 20:02 »
Yes it’s been on Facebook wildlife gardening page for a couple of days, there’s a petition to stop it & netting of hedges to stop birds nesting before building works start !
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 20:06 »
   The council said the north sea was eroding the cliffs and they needed protecting. Unbelievable practice. I read somewhere that Britain has the worse record for looking after its wildlife regarding the environment. Even by those who are supposedly looking out for it. One of the so called wildlife charities issue several special licenses every year to slaughter many birds on the red list. Swallows and small garden birds included for the most pathetic reason.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 20:08 »
I realise that the cliffs must be saved, but couldn't the Council mend one half first, and then net and do the other half.  That way, everything gets saved surely.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 21:49 »
   The council said the north sea was eroding the cliffs and they needed protecting. Unbelievable practice. I read somewhere that Britain has the worse record for looking after its wildlife regarding the environment. Even by those who are supposedly looking out for it. One of the so called wildlife charities issue several special licenses every year to slaughter many birds on the red list. Swallows and small garden birds included for the most pathetic reason.

adri

• Experienced Member
    • peak hives
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 22:18 »
Let's face it...we're dodo at all aspects of wildlife care and it needs to change!

Adri
Peak Hives

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 37 queries.