Junk food

• 23 Replies

Lardman

Junk food
« on: March 31, 2019, 17:11 »
Since my 4 legged furry friends have invaded the large kitchen cabinet I've had to bin the lot.  :mad: 

I kept the stuff I like to nibble at in there, raisins , sultanas , dried apricots , wasabi peas and for that very special occasion dark (not milk) chocolate digestive biscuits. I'm curious as to what's in your guilty pleasure kitchen cabinet.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Junk food
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 17:37 »
Bombay mix, amazing stuff  :D

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 18:09 »

Years since I've had any  :ohmy: added to the shopping order   :tongue2:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 18:17 »
are the furry friends very small with long tails, ie:  mice  - they love chocolate, I put that in the mouse trap.
Very seldom is there a guilty secret, because I would just eat it straight away.   On Friday evening a friend gave me 3 very large slices of banana cake with choc drops in.   Between 9pm and 9.30 pm I ate the whole lot.
Inside me there is a very large lady bursting to get out of my 8 stones.   (I have been that very large lady - not again !)   ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 18:20 »
    I keep a tub of chocolate buttercream in my cupboard. Not for using on cakes though, I spoon it straight into my mouth . . . ::)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 20:00 »

Years since I've had any  :ohmy: added to the shopping order   :tongue2:

If you are shopping the world food isle, keep an eye out for spicy gram flour coated peanuts - now I want some and there are none in the house  ::)

I buy the 50p mini bags of sweets from the Co-op down the road as well, only because if I bought a big bag of Haribo, the whole lot would go.  Fruity Frogs are good, as are Minions, but my current favourite is Sour Watermelon Slices  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 20:13 »
Mini bags (70g) of chocolate buttons, I try to only eat 8 buttons each day - buy some days I just have to eat the whole bag :ohmy: luckily I can stop there and have never opened a second bag.
I daren't have a box of choc ice cream cones in the freezer though  ::) I'll eat all 4 one after the other  :blush:

madcat

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 09:29 »
Smoky Bacon crisps and caramel ice-cream, neither of which are in the house!  Serious diet wreakers ....  Very hard to walk past them in the supermarket .
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 12:36 »
We've just reverted to type, and are on the chocolate digestives again...

Funnily enough, I'm going through an odd time when I can't stand fried food at the moment! Mrs Growster says that it's because I've been using cheap corn oil, which may be right...

I have to run past the dry-roasted peanuts though, before skidding to a halt at the till!

Auntiemogs

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 14:33 »
Living room 'snack cupboard' contains nachos and salsa, crispy chilli peanuts (from £1 shop - one of my guilty pleasures), cream crackers (lovely with prawn Primula cheese spread) and Snackers (Aldi version of Pringles).  Mum's secret store (under my bed) has a small supply of Aldi dark chocolate with orange and almond (5 small bars to a pack, which is handy) and a large jar of Nutella (with teaspoon - the thought of spreading it on anything makes me shudder!).    :tongue2:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 15:24 »
One of my guilty secrets from the past was when my mum was making a Victoria sandwich cake and I had to have a few spoons of the mix when the egg went in, then another from the spoon after the flour was mixed in it, but that wasn't junk food. Another is when I became so addicted to "Fine Fares" prawn cocktail sauce that I got some buttered barm buns in my tea-break from the local hospital café and spread it on them for my lunch. Yeah right! I kept sneaking out to my locker and in the end I had to get some more!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 15:51 »
Jacob's Cheddars and ASDA dark chocolate digestive biscuits. I'm lucky in a way as I hate sweet things

jaydig

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 15:55 »
Nuts of all descriptions, except salted ones.  Nobody else gets a look in at the nut bowl at Christmas.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 12:08 »
Sometimes buy unsalted nut assortment - Salt is bad for one.    Mrs Bouquet

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 15:52 »
Well thanks guys and girls  i'm sitting  here my eyes welling up all those sweet treats stashed away
 oh well enjoy all your sweetie treats,,,from a Diabetes suffering,, :( :( :( :( :(
Colin

clip
My food is looking at me!

Started by DanielCoffey on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post April 06, 2020, 14:03
by DanielCoffey
xx
Student food...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post July 31, 2018, 08:51
by LILLILEAF
clip
Food waste

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 20, 2021, 16:50
by jezza
xx
food waste

Started by chrissie B on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post December 12, 2017, 13:48
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 53 queries.