someone stole my waterbutt !

• 16 Replies

hillfooter

Re: someone stole my waterbutt !
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 00:16 »
Why would someone steal a water butt?  The're not that expensive surely?  Last time I looked they weren't worth stealing!  

I recently bought 2 compact water butts with stands for my greenhouse at what I thought was quite a good price but they were still about £19 each!

Having tried in vain to find locking water taps (or at least ones with removable handles) at a sensible price the best I can suggest is painting the outside of your, ahem, butts with your plot or house number and possibly also some more lurid graffiti to make them more identifiable and therefore hopefully less attractive to thieves.

Butt painting could be the new art form :unsure:If the Tate Modern gets to hear about this idea you could be onto a winner there ;) Perhaps that's why they were stolen.  Maybe Tracy Emin or Damien Hurst have lifted them in order to create another masterpiece :blink:  Could we be about to see Tracy exhibiting a work entitled "all the buts I've ever pinched"? :wacko:
HF
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 00:17 by hillfooter »
Truth through science.

needssomehelp

• Experienced Member
Re: someone stole my waterbutt !
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 06:25 »
cant believe someone would steal an ibc tank, they are so big !
my next door neighbour has a plot on a different site to me, and last year they had people taking there veg once it was ready to harvest, so all their had work was for nothing, they even had someones shed set on fire.
i cant understand some people, perhaps they think that if its not in a shop or house its ok to take.
LISA X X X

xx
which critter stole some onion sets?

Started by sharky on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2008, 10:22
by Glen
xx
waterbutt - mosquito larvae

Started by prakash_mib on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 21:56
by savbo

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 33 queries.