HELP RED MITE!!! ???

• 19 Replies

T C

• Experienced Member
HELP RED MITE!!! ???
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 16:13 »
Your lucky that youve got eggs Chickychick, mine went right off lay when they had red mite, i gave them the liver as was advised on the fourm, and they picked up in no time, i give them a little as a treat now and again, as for red mite, i look at night time with a tourch, if they come back ill be ready.
T C TOP CAT

chickychick

• Experienced Member
sorted - fingers crossed
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 11:12 »
Hi all
I thought I would give an update, it seems as though all the advice I got paid off because since the action I took that I described above I have not seem a single little red beastie! so looks like we should be ok now.  I will certainly be a lot more vigilant form now on.

Thanks for all the help
Andrea
ok so I know its a daft question but Im cute ......

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
HELP RED MITE!!! ???
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 11:18 »
Quote from: "T C"
If you do have a plauge of red mite Pamela, i have found a good treatment here in Spain, i couldent get the poultry shield, and the rest of the recomended treatment that was posted on the fourm, so i used a treatment called arrpoon, i use it on the horses, i sprayed the hen house, and dipped the hens in a tub in a mix, twice, i sprayed the house a number of times, and now once a month, havent a one scince, hope you dont get them, they are horrid tina

Can you tell us what the active ingredient(s) are in that TC.  Did you withdraw eggs from use after using it ?

T C

• Experienced Member
HELP RED MITE!!! ???
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 20:45 »
Hi aunt Sally, i will look up the content of it in the morning, i did withdraw the eggs, it didnt say so but i didnt fancy eating the eggs after the smell of the hen house. TC

T C

• Experienced Member
HELP RED MITE!!! ???
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 22:24 »
Hi Aunt Sally,
                  sorry i didnt get back sooner, but had a lot on, but now remembed to bring in the box of the product ARPON, ectoparasiticida solucion emulsionable, it contains cipermetrina [40 60]  vehiculo solvente and emulsionante c.s.p it is made by ZOTAL  When my hens had the red mite they didnt lay, but we got just one egg now and then, we didnt eat the egg, although it dosnt say on the box that you cant, but its mind over matter, hope you can understand the contents of the product, i wouldnt be without it, TC

xx
Ulti-mite red mite treatment

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 08:03
by ehs284
xx
Is red mite the same as red spider mite?

Started by Carla on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 14:47
by Carla
xx
Red Mite v Red Spider Mite

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 20:03
by Miss Bean
xx
red mite please help

Started by jackieand glenn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 19:54
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 35 queries.