Daily Harvest 2011

• 851 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Daily Harvest 2011
« Reply #510 on: July 31, 2011, 20:02 »
I have finally got a cucumber from the greenhouse, just as the indoor one died.......great timing  :lol:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2011, 20:36 »
Yesterday I managed to harvest yellow peppers, courgettes and tomatoes for the barbecued vegetable kebabs, various salad leaves, rocket, and radishes for the salad, nearly the last PJ spuds for the fried potatoes, and parsley and rosemary as garnishes/barbie flavourings.

We were all too full for the "pudding" so I fetched my friends back today to pick blueberries, raspberries (Autumn Bliss!  :ohmy:) and some gigantic Albion strawberries to take home as a "goody bag."

It makes all the effort worthwhile when you can reap the rewards like this, but there is one glaring omission (RIP greenhouse cucumbers.)  :(

Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Wombat18

• Experienced Member
« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2011, 21:51 »
So much stuff to get through, I wish my freezer was bigger...  today I harvested the last of the broad beans, some runner beans, purple french beans, a row of the potatoes where the tops had died off (an exploratory search revealed slug damage, so can't really be left in the ground too much longer), the first of this years leeks, some raspberries (didn't make it home) a few courgettes and some spring onions.  I used up some of the damaged spuds,  beans and the leek in a soup.

digalotty

« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2011, 23:33 »
broad beans chard kale lettuce and carrots :)
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Paul Plots

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04 »
French & runner beans, beetroot, tomatoes, flowers and courgettes (globe and traditional in yellow, green and motled).
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Springlands

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06 »
Two cucumbers, tomatoes from the outside toms, one tomato from the greenhouse (at last) spring onions, radishes, beetroots and two courgettes. Looking at the leeks - some are almost ready but will resist for a little while.

JayG - my cukes are starting to do really well - both the one that survived the original planting and the ones that I grew to replace the ones that died - I am following a new regime. No mollycoddling - they just get watered and fed in the way that everything else does and so far they are doing well. So from now I am NOT going through all that fuss about making sure not a DROP of water falls on the plant. What I am going to do is make sure that I do not start them off too early - the cukes that I sowed in late May are doing nearly as well as the one that survived the earlier planting.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2011, 07:25 »
Wish they were grapes, they are small plums or damsons - not sure which. 

:ohmy: Sorry!  :lol:
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2011, 07:28 »
- my cukes are starting to do really well - both the one that survived the original planting and the ones that I grew to replace the ones that died -

Our CLs are producing cucs like mad and the Marketmore is getting to about the size now and was covered in flowers when I looked at it yesterday. :) Still, I'd be happier if the tomatoes and courgettes were doing better. ::)

kosh42|EFG

• Experienced Member
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2011, 09:10 »
My first harvest!

Radish, a few small chard leaves and some mixed leaves. Tasted very nice on my burger for tea last night.

Kosh

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13 »
JayG - my cukes are starting to do really well - both the one that survived the original planting and the ones that I grew to replace the ones that died - I am following a new regime. No mollycoddling - they just get watered and fed in the way that everything else does and so far they are doing well. So from now I am NOT going through all that fuss about making sure not a DROP of water falls on the plant. What I am going to do is make sure that I do not start them off too early - the cukes that I sowed in late May are doing nearly as well as the one that survived the earlier planting.

These were the very expensive F1 Passandra seeds which I did everything I could think of to keep alive, including planting them in two different locations in the G/H and different growing mediums to try and make sure at least one of them survived!

My neighbour lost one of her early cuke plants so sowed some more; they are all doing brilliantly and she has given me a couple of cukes already. I'll be stalking her and watching every move she makes next year!  8)

Debz

« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2011, 09:24 »
Cabbages, courgettes, sugarsnaps, peas and a little caulie.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2011, 16:34 »
Leaves, land cress, cucumber, a small yellow courgette, baby beets, little pepper and some chives to make tonight's salad. No toms, but a sungold is turning at last!

topgazza

« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2011, 17:42 »
Lots of cherry tomatoes today from the back of the garden...lots...sadly none made it to the house..we ate them all. Delicious....

Lady Rosemary

• Experienced Member
« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2011, 20:15 »
Two cucumbers, two courgettes, green beans and a few broad beans. Some of which went into a lovely stir fry for tea.  :D
~Remember What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.~

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2011, 16:46 »

Maincrop spuds.

xx
Daily Harvest

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

243 Replies
Last post December 29, 2021, 21:59
by comfreykid
xx
Total Harvest for 2011

Started by AnneB on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 21:47
by AnneB
xx
Daily Harvest - 2015

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

299 Replies
Last post December 07, 2015, 07:16
by lettice
clip
Re: Daily Harvest 2022

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

66 Replies
Last post December 30, 2022, 17:20
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.37 seconds with 37 queries.