Lawnflight Mowers - anyone?

• 3 Replies

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« on: August 02, 2008, 15:57 »
Lawnmower question again!

Have looked at Honda's as suggested previously but before we buy one was wondering if anyone had seen, heard or used one of these.

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/MowDIRECT_MTD_LAWNFLITE_21__CUT_LAWNMOWERS_697.html

They are bit cheaper than a Honda and seem well built with good brand motor (I think).

Will be used by No.1 Son purely for his lawn which is the opposite of a bowling green lawn, having 2 lively boys kicking a football around on it most days.

Large-ish area to mow and present Mountfield too small so we have offered to buy him a new one. Not wishing to be tight with funds but our own will need replacing soon as well so looking for best price option without compromising too much on quality.

Any thoughts?

Ta.
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

Gwiz

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 21:47 »
I used to sell the MTD lawnflite ride on mowers, and had some dealings with the smaller mowers.
They're not too bad, but not in the same kind of league as Honda's. I think that you'd find getting parts a little more difficult as they don't have the same kind overnight back up.
having said that, providing they're looked after and cleaned on the underside regularly (to avoid rusting if the deck is made of steel), I reckon they'd go on for quite a number of years. :D

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23 »
Thanks gwiz

Just the sort of hands on advice needed.

Will pass info onto hubby which will be really helpful.

We looked at buying Mountfield again as they have both used that brand for years and years but latest models looked at bit flimsy.

Is the new plastic looking bodywork intended to combat the rust problems that occur (when neglected  :roll: ) in the older models?

I am sorry to say that neither of the male members in this family lovingly dry off and care for the mowers but my son is slightly better than my OH.

Oh and is the parts problem with the MTD Lawnflight a major issue or does it just cause a few delays?

Many thanks

M.

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 16:04 »
the steel decks can rust to a dangerous degree
in no time at all, so I guess that the plastic (ABS)
decks are a lot better.
As for the spares problem, It only becomes an issue when you need
a bit! things like wheels, drive belts, blades, control cables can kill a reasonable machine if you can't get the right one.
If you can run to a honda, I'd get it as the spares back up is so good, but having said that the deals that can be got on the cheaper models make them very attractive........... :D

xx
Mulching mowers

Started by kinza on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post April 14, 2013, 21:31
by superpete
xx
Battery mowers

Started by Agatha on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 15, 2013, 13:58
by arugula
xx
Mountfield M1 Rotovators/Mowers/Cultivators etc

Started by commerlad on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post September 17, 2022, 13:46
by smokeycockatiel

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 36 queries.