Scarifyers

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

Scarifyers
« on: August 03, 2008, 16:00 »
Just been out today and bought an electric one, just loading it up to take back as it broke 1/2 hour into use.  (I'm losing the will to live!)  Can anybody recommend a good make ?  Oh, are we allowed to say on here.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Gwiz

Scarifyers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 16:16 »
personally, I wouldn't touch an electric one with any length of barge-pole.
I reckon you'd be better off hiring a petrol job, if you can't justify buying one.
Getcha money back! :D

dugless

Scarifyers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 16:43 »
I made the mistake of getting an electric Husqvarna used it four times
then the drive wheel stripped took it apart found it was plastic the keyway had just bust they wanted £20 for a replacement :evil:
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 16:51 »
sorry qwizz I din't think of going to the shed.  Interesting about petrol ones, are they much stronger then, because I don't think this electric one is up to the job, the motor is working but the tines are not revolving,  OH thinks the shaft has moved.  Will get dosh back tomorrow.  Ta,  Mrs Bouquet.

Gwiz

Scarifyers
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 17:59 »
Don't worry about posting this in the wrong place,no problem at all to move it! :D
as for the shaft not turning, proberly  a snapped belt. I used to HATE selling the electric ones, I just KNEW they were going to come back knackered!
The petrol ones are far stronger, if it t'wer me, I'd hire one before making my mind up to buy one...... :wink:

dugless

Scarifyers
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 20:45 »
Quote from: "gwiz"
Don't worry about posting this in the wrong place,no problem at all to move it! :D
as for the shaft not turning, proberly  a snapped belt. I used to HATE selling the electric ones, I just KNEW they were going to come back knackered!
The petrol ones are far stronger, if it t'wer me, I'd hire one before making my mind up to buy one...... :wink:

Just curriouse did the ones you sell  have plastic drive wheels?

Gwiz

Scarifyers
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:42 »
If I remember right, they did. They where based on the old qualcast concorde re35 electric mower, which had a plastic drive cog ( started out metal, then changed to plastic after a few years )

dugless

Scarifyers
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:45 »
That is what is wrong with them the plastic is not stronge enough  for the pressure of the tines Dont know why modern manufacters persist in use it for moving parts, I had a hedge clipper just the same fault. I suppose its for cost cutting. but in the end its counter productive because you stop buying them.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:33 »
h one that OH is taking back today is a Qualcast 35, thats interesting isn't it !  You would think that they might have spotted a problem area there!
Thanks guys.  About how much does a petrol one cost  ?  Mrs Bouquet

Gwiz

Re: reply
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 12:30 »
Quote from: "mrs bouquet"
About how much does a petrol one cost  ?  Mrs Bouquet

they range from,

**cough** to around **splutter** £'s.
In truth, I don't know. but I expect there are some bargains to be found on twinterweb :wink:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 13:42 »
gosh, thats made me cough and splutter.  Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.