Nights Drawing In

• 7 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Nights Drawing In
« on: September 10, 2022, 19:41 »
It seems to have happened very quickly this year, today it is quite dark already at only half past 7  :ohmy:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Nights Drawing In
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 20:13 »
Yes! We suddenly noticed during yoga on Wednesday evening - it was the first one after the summer break (although the thunderstorm may have also had something to do with it!!)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 20:28 »
Yes I’ve been noticing it since last week or so, I’m now ‘doing’ the chickens before dinner (6pm)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 18:26 »
I'm trying really hard not to notice as I absolutely loathe the winter months.  I'm already telling myself that after December the nights start to lengthen.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 20:46 »
yes its beginning to look a lot like autumn cold damp mornings the nights drawing in I'm clearing the plots ready for my winter ploughing same goes for tidying up the raised beds ready to dig over looking towards getting some manure from the farm for spreading on the plots also started to take in some of the tender plants in the greenhouse for winter storage its all about getting ready for winter is it not

and I see the garden centres are stocking up on bulbs and autumn onion sets and then along comes  the veg and flower catalogues unless you've already received yours still I suppose they will be something to look at during those long winter nights falling a sleep looking at them and dreaming of all that lovely veg you going to grow next year  :lol:

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 12:48 »
I'm trying really hard not to notice as I absolutely loathe the winter months.  I'm already telling myself that after December the nights start to lengthen.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 17:46 »
We usually admit that it's 'All downhill to Ch******s' when the clocks change, and from thereon hunker down each evening...

About now, we start wondering what DVDs we'll watch as we avoid the live TV like the plague, except for special events like we're having now of course!

Even today, we were starting to build a list of new DVDs to buy each other for that particular day - I want 'The Guinea Pig', and Mrs Growster wants 'Lady and the Tramp'!

Hmmm...

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 14:15 »
One advantage of the darker evenings , is reading the articles on these pages and perhaps posting questions and comments on the forum pages. There is always something to learn or try differently.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

xx
Last nights Storm Damage

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 22, 2019, 15:26
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Some things to ponder over on dark nights.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post October 23, 2017, 14:22
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 48 queries.