What's the weather like where you are? 2022

• 1542 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: What's the weather like where you are? 2022
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2022, 16:36 »
The weather warning for snow was accurate, even at our sea level city! I've never seen flakes so large - routinely about 3" in diameter  :ohmy:

It was over within a couple of hours and is just slushy now. Will be a nightmare if it freezes overnight.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2022, 00:28 »
Sorry to hear about your greenhouses John & Mum. Mine (rhino) in the garden appears to be ok but I’ll go check when the rain stops. Rhino forum seems to report even in wildest places they’ve come through unscathed so maybe their advertising blurb is true!
I'm sure their blurb is true - but it's a how much you can afford.

Can’t agree more John, but if they get damaged in the vagaries of our weather it might work out cheaper in the long run. I had to wait a long time to get mine & it is in my garden, I certainly wouldn’t pay that amount for an allotment. Very pleased with my tunnel from First Tunnels though, how did yours stand up to the winds? Perhaps that’s the way forward on your site- another tunnel?
Happily we think we'd be covered with insurance but we were thinking maybe another polytunnel instead would be sensible. Our First Tunnels poly just shakes off the worst.  Today started with rain but it dried off in the afternoon so cleared the broken glass from the Vitavia and managed to replace it. Last sheet of 1507x610 so the next one will be pricey :(
Can't fix the Eden's door without parts so hopefully it can survive not having a door for a bit.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

GraciesGran

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2022, 07:52 »
Very windy overnight,  loud enough to wake me.  Grey and overcast this morning with an unsettling stillness.

Son been without power since midday Friday, his mother in law has been supplying hot good and water.

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2022, 08:13 »
Very wet and windy today. My polytunnel has survived. With the forecast we could have some flooding as the ground is saturated already.😟

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2022, 08:54 »
Here it's grey, damp 7C, worst thing is the wind is still gusting at + 35mph, and forecast is for it to strengthen a bit later  :ohmy:
Oh well, nothing I can do about it, so I'll just sow a few seeds, then sit indoors and maybe watch some planes struggling to land on BIG JET TV  :lol: :lol:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2022, 13:01 »
Heavy rain for much of the night and all day - currently an inch since midnight to add to the couple of inches produced by the previous 2 storms. Still raining heavily.

There will be some serious flooding problems if it continues, as the attached pic suggests...
Fullscreen capture 20022022 125329.jpg
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

rowlandwells

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2022, 14:07 »
about the same as Mum's here and its not looking good for gardening next either  >:(

Christine

« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2022, 14:56 »
Raining here too. Mind isn't February known as February fill dyke?

wighty

« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2022, 16:13 »
Very windy and now very wet.  A real duvet day.   No Hovercraft or Fast Cat services to or from the Island and warnings from Red Funnel and Wightlink their car ferries will be affected until midday tomorrow. 

Lardman

« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2022, 16:18 »
It's no better here, dark, grey and cold even though it claims to be a mild 9c . Strong gusts of wind and horizontal rain. The stream is like mud with all the run off from the fields. 

wighty

« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2022, 18:38 »
There's more noise from outside at the moment than we had on Friday! It's really gusting and whistling round the house.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2022, 09:08 »
Here there's a patchy blue sky, 7C, but the wind is still gusting at + 35mph, so can't get out to do some repairs :(

snowdrops

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2022, 09:34 »
Heavy rain & horrendous winds throughout the night, still gusting now with rain but intermittent sunshine. Off to check the plot shortly, hope everything is still ok  :wub:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2022, 09:57 »
Wind was howling and things banging outside, cat flap going like a snare drum in the kitchen. Lay listening and wondering if the greenhouses would survive from 4am to 5am. Then made a cuppa and read until 6am when I managed to go back to sleep.
One of the cats decided it must be an invisible stranger cat at the catflap so she sang a warning song. Much commotion amongst our brave felines who came to protect me in bed.
Greenhouses appear to have survived - it's still rough out there but not as noisy.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2022, 10:08 »
We had a few sessions of wild winds last night when you could see the trees thrashing about outside, but still as anything in between.  Very odd  :wacko:  Today is just grey and blowy with bits of rain now and then. 

xx
What's for tea 2022?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1563 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 20:35
by snowdrops
xx
Wimbledon 2022

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post July 10, 2022, 17:24
by snowdrops
xx
ordering seed for 2022

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post August 24, 2021, 15:05
by MrsPea
xx
Song linkups 2022

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

492 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 19:22
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 46 queries.