Tomatoes

• 2 Replies

Oliveview

Tomatoes
« on: April 26, 2008, 16:45 »
The neighbour took us to see his toms-  I am sick :(  :shock:  :evil:  :cry: His are beautiful..........plenty of leaves, bushy plants-  mine are not much bigger then when they went in :(   He said he feeds his with sulphate of ammonia and will come along to give ours a dose as the sun cools.   I´ve fed ours with a liquid feed ( granules I add to water)  twice (2 weeks apart) was due to give another dose last weekend but it was too wet/raining all weekend. Hopefully this sulphate stuff will work.  If it doesn´t I am not going to be happy.
Pamela

gobs

Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 21:18 »
Have you got a rich soil for them, Pamela?
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Oliveview

Tomatoes
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 22:12 »
We have really sandy soil which dries out like a desert.  We added bags and bags of well rotted horse manure and rotovated it in, that was about Feb time.  I´ve watered them with an all purpose fertiliser twice too.
Last summer was the first time that part of the garden had been used, previous to that there was a huge olive tree there and a small plum tree (I think it was a plum) The ground had not really been fertilised much (we think)
The odd tom plant is lookin gok but the rest just not up to much, and the peas (mange tout) have been gobbled by slugs :(  I´m not having a good year so far veg wise.  Last summer the peppers were great and the aubergines, I kept the neighbours going!  I had planned to bottle the tomatoes, so I need a big crop :)
The neighbour came down and put sulphate of ammonia around the plants and assured me I´d get bigger plants now, so fingers crossed.
Pamela

xx
Tomatoes

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 18, 2017, 10:59
by jambop
xx
Tomatoes

Started by Country Bill on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2008, 15:16
by Trillium
xx
tomatoes gone

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 12, 2013, 07:29
by m1ckz
xx
Tomatoes *SOB* *SOB*

Started by Sadgit on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 17, 2006, 22:18
by Oliver

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 35 queries.