Plans for next year

• 19 Replies

Debbieta

Re: Plans for next year
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 20:57 »
I have to say the best advantage must be the last mentioned benefit  :mad: :mad:.  I do love my pure breeds, but I do poop scoop everyday to keep up with their production.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 22:43 »
My plan for 1013 is to change and extend the run (we had always planned this but couldn't afford to build it to the size we wanted). Get a new plastic coop in there too.
More importantly I MUST NOT HATCH A SINGLE CHICK, that will have to wait for another year when our little chicken world id more organised and a lot less flooded.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 10:13 »
My plan for 1013 is to change and extend the run (we had always planned this but couldn't afford to build it to the size we wanted). Get a new plastic coop in there too.
More importantly I MUST NOT HATCH A SINGLE CHICK, that will have to wait for another year when our little chicken world id more organised and a lot less flooded.

Time travelling chickens, now that is something!!   :D

Sounds like you are going to do what we have done this year.  Just starting to clear the mess in the garden and sell off my wooden coops.  Hopefully we will be able to enjoy the garden more in 2013 with designated chicken areas and chicken NO GO areas!  We can live in hope that it works.   :closedeyes:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 10:17 »
What plastic coops do you have? I love my Eglu classic but due to their price I cannot afford a cube, even second hand.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 10:43 »
We were meant to be moving house which didn't happen so I have been really spoilt this year.  I picked up 2 eglu classic rabbit and 1 classic chicken coop, all second hand.  Then I have just managed to get a 4 month old cube for my joint Birthday and Christmas present.  I don't really spend on anything else but I know I am really lucky.  I will be using the eglu rabbit ones for broodies.  The only down side of the cube is that my hens are wanting to sleep in the nest area with it being on the same level.  I have to take the nest door off and stand it over the entrance so they can't get in.  This means that they sometimes lay on the roost bars if they lay early in the morning.  I am hoping they will get out of the habit of using the nest box to sleep in.   :happy:

xx
The best laid plans!

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post October 18, 2013, 20:19
by traacyken
xx
Vintage Ark Plans to download

Started by kegs on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 12:09
by kegs
xx
wanted coop plans

Started by mugins on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 00:00
by mozza15
xx
Building your own Chicken run plans....

Started by Hen 1-0 Fox on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post April 17, 2012, 04:04
by Selfsufficientme

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 35 queries.