Gratine oysters

• 2 Replies

catllar

Gratine oysters
« on: January 08, 2011, 16:24 »
Had this the other night - thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Open oysters and drain. Sweat down in a bit of butter some finely chopped leek white, a couple of finely chopped shallots and a clove of garlic. When translucent, add a glug of white wine and cook to reduce. You should have a creamy sauce. At this stage add a drop of cream. if liked, spoon this mix onto each raw oyster, sprinkle a bit of parmesan and stick under a hot grill until bubbling. Takes about 10 minutes. Amongst our group even the non-oyster eaters enjoyed this. I was hoping they wouldn't - more for me! ::)

Janeymiddlewife

Re: Gratine oysters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 22:16 »
Oooohh Cat - you're making me hungry - not sure i could eat oysters - don't mind moules as they're cooked, p'raps I could eat them this way like you say!

catllar

Re: Gratine oysters
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 17:04 »
Absolutely - the cooking makes the things swallowable! I'm not all that keen on them raw either - can't eat more than 6.I could have carried on with the cooked jobbies though!  Love moules too and they aren't bad raw either,  a lot less slimey than oysters, if a tad more reluctant to leave the shell .

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 34 queries.