Tree Blown Down into the Power Line

• 6 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« on: February 23, 2021, 11:17 »
Saturday was rather dramatic here - a tree was blown over in the storm and snagged in the power lines that run across the field.

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Tree Blown Down into the Power Line
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:47 »
Quite a breezy day, John.  :nowink:

Interesting to hear that grassland sequesters more carbon than trees.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 12:31 »
I've been interested in regenerative agriculture for a while and there's quite a lot about how managed grassland compares with forest by biomass and carbon sequestration.
Fascinating stuff!

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 18:16 »
all's well that end well a John not to much disruption and on the bright side some good burning wood and the engineer's probably had a nice bit of overtime  :D

that now calls for a good chainsaw John  :D

that reminds me of the time i cut a tall hedge for my farmer friends down a county lane as i said the hedge was tall mainly ash poles that would make a good stock hedge the only problem was there was a BT cable running to my friends brothers house rite in the middle of the hedge i said that's going to be difficult to avoid that cable so of we go and then as you guess bish bosh down come the cable   :ohmy:

when the farmer came to see me cutting next day he had a big grin on his face my brothers wife is not happy with you she can't use her PC  so two days later out come BT to repair it but couldn't repair it hadn't got enough cable so it was finally repaired the next afternoon being around 3 days out of use the BT engineer said a high vehicle must have pulled it down i agreed with him  ;)

and although the hedge looked good when it was finished i kept away from my farmers brothers wife for a couple of weeks obvious reasons  ::)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 19:07 »
My son in law is trained to use a chainsaw and loves playing working with it. I've used ours but I'm not too happy doing it. One slip and I'll be nicknamed Hoppy or Lefty :)

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 17:18 »
I get what your saying John yes chainsaws need treating with respect and if your not happy using one then leave it to others

we have 4 chainsaws 3 petrol 1 battery the battery one was the best chainsaw i have ever bought a Stihl msa 120c a bit smaller than my petrol ones but cuts very well

when a tree surgeon friend of ours cut 2 trees down we bought the two trees for cutting up for logs as the butts where a bit to much for my saws i got him to cut the butts up so we could handle them i cut the rest of the tree and the wife and me carted it back home we have enough wood for many many years

so depending on the size of your tree you should have a supply of wood for burning and if that was me i would log that up asap and store it in a dry place before you get busy on the garden what can be better than some nice dry logs on the fire or the wood burner on a cold winters night that should put some heat out put your feet near that fire that will curl your toes up :D

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 00:21 »
Sounds a good plan to me, Rowland

xx
Power Off, Greenhouse De-glazed, Rats

Started by John on New Across The Site

0 Replies
Last post December 02, 2022, 19:54
by John
moved
MOVED: Poorly Bramley Apple Tree

Started by New shoot on New Across The Site

0 Replies
Last post August 13, 2023, 19:29
by New shoot

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 42 queries.