So miss our JRT...

• 27 Replies

Growster...

So miss our JRT...
« on: January 01, 2022, 21:26 »
We miss our gorgeous JRT so much, and would really like to find another dog who we can cherish and love just as we did our dear little Nolly, so if anyone has any ideas as to where we can start we're all ears!

The nearest chum is in Liverpool, so I may have to fill the tank for that little foray...

AndyRVTR

Re: So miss our JRT...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 00:05 »
Do you have any local rescue centres Growster.. might be worth a look!

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 07:04 »
Do you have any local rescue centres Growster.. might be worth a look!

There are several, Andy, and it seems that they require several hoops to clamber through, like lots of visits for them to see if they think we are appropriate...

I don't really mind that, because we had to go three times to Northiam to fetch Nols home, and I guess the powers that be have to know what sort of home any new pet is going to, but the rigmarole does appear to be somewhat over the top!

I know that you've been through some rotten times recently, so thank you for this!

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 09:28 »
It might be different with covid now Mr G one of our local ones does virtual home checks., is it just a JRT your after or would you consider any? Our daughter in laws mum has JRTs I could ask where she had hers from, not sure whether that was local to us so would be just as far if so?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 10:14 »
I guess that it's not cast in stone that a JRT is a preference, Snows, there are several on rescue sites, but a few minutes ago, Mrs Growster banned me from going to Liverpool on pain of no beer for a year, so I'm afraid that Leicestershire is out of bounds as well..:0~

Best thing I can do is keep checking, and keep fingers crossed, but thank you for your idea!

grinling

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 14:37 »
you can also foster dogs as some are too old for adopting, they pay for food and vets

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 16:46 »
I wish you the best finding a new pup!

The foster idea is a good one. Old or young, you may foster a dog that the two of you "fall" for!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 16:49 »
Thank you, Grinling, I was wondering about fostering, and all we really want is a chum, possibly a bit older, which needs a home for his/her last few years - a bit like us really!

The Liverpool Centre actually took the trouble to call me back today, and were absolutely charming, but 'no cigar' as we really are too far away, and the poor thing is really confused and too difficult anway!

Still on the case, and may take weeks or months...

GraciesGran

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 18:09 »
My sister, not a dog lover, and get husband foster golden oldies for their local rescue centre.  At the moment they've got one dog who was given 6 months but that was five years ago and a puppy with 3:legs.

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 07:06 »
My sister, not a dog lover, and get husband foster golden oldies for their local rescue centre.  At the moment they've got one dog who was given 6 months but that was five years ago and a puppy with 3:legs.

We found a site yesterday, GrGr, with several homes in the SE, so will be looking at these later - it's a bit difficult on a mobile phone!

We had a three-legged dog next to us for some time up to last year!

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 12:33 »
That is a lovely idea Growster. Somehow I feel you'll find one that's just meant for you.  :) :) :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 15:32 »
Still looking as we speak, Goosey!

Found a gorgeous boy, but maybe just too old for us, as we really couldn't go through 'final days' like last year so soon after last year!

Spoken to several chums around here, trying to help, so fingers crossed for this New Year!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 14:57 »
I have been trying to find a home for an older cat or dog for about 3 months.  No luck yet.    Did you see the elderly couple on TV last night who took home a JTR from Wood Green Centre.  They and the dog were absolutely gorgeous.    Good luck.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Christine

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 18:21 »
Trouble is that the next dog is never the same as the last one. It's a chance you take.

tangojulie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 17:12 »
Our Pepi came from Starfish Dog Rescue, they are only small but they rehome all over the country. https://starfishdogrescue.co.uk/dogs-looking-for-a-home.html Worth dropping them a line explaining your circumstances. They are brilliant at matching the right dog to the right family, but the downside of this is that you may have to wait till the right dog for you appears. Good luck, I dread being without our two.

xx
I miss newspapers....

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 20:48
by grinling
xx
Something to miss about lockdown.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2022, 20:09
by GraciesGran
xx
Miss-heard dialogue!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 21, 2023, 11:05
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 54 queries.