slugs

• 20 Replies

sorrel

• Experienced Member
slugs
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 14:37 »
Couldn't  do that whisky - although I dont hate cats i wouldnt want to encourage them into my garden

I just wish (that like other animals, they were contained in the gardens of the owners so they only poo in their owners gardens).....

Cats are lovely if kept out of my garden....
Starting from scratch............

Trillium

slugs
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 14:43 »
Milkman is right about the cats - they poo wherever the fancy takes them, fresh or settled ground. Sometimes it's territorial or availability marking. In Canada we have a product called Scoot, which sells extremely well for deterring dogs and cats in gardens, but it must be reapplied every 2 months. Not sure if you have same or similar in UK. As for slugs, there are a lot of covered bait traps that will attract some, snipping will finish off a few more, and a water, garlic juice, liquid soap spray will finish off still more - but mostly diligence will do it.  :D

WG.

slugs
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 14:44 »
Ah well, I figured they were doing it anyway ...

You might want to try http://www.godfrey-diy.co.uk/show-product.html?sc=43188950&ref=ga010401 or maybe a Rottweiler.

frazzy

slugs
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 17:26 »
:lol: well as long as the cats dodo on the slugs lol on purrrpuss :lol:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

muntjac

slugs
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 21:49 »
go to focus quickly and get a bag of rock salt save money all year round put a ring of it around anyplant you want protecting . werks great for azaleas etc  and stops em climbing pots to chomp ya plants
still alive /............

jane1264

• Experienced Member
slugs
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 21:56 »
maybe a Rottweiler

Sorry we had a rottweiler once - didn't deter the cats they just waited until it was inside!  We had a really clever one lived in the house who's garden backed onto ours - it knew exactly how long it had from when we opened the back door to get to the fence before the dog got to the fence!  It would then sit on the top of the fence, knowing the dog couldn't reach it tormenting her!  When it was feeling really mean while ever the dog was in the garden it would dangle some part of it's anatomy - tail or paw - over the fence, moving it at the last minute as the dog hit the fence at full pelt!  Unfortunately we moved before the dog hit the fence so hard it collapsed - would have liked to see what the cat did then!

Jane

xx
slugs!

Started by scotty on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post March 03, 2009, 09:31
by scotty
xx
Fox v Slugs

Started by Libby on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 22:59
by ex-cavator
xx
slugs

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post December 31, 2011, 14:28
by mumofstig
xx
How to get rid of slugs?

Started by MrsR on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 15:44
by Sven The Swede

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 36 queries.