Poultry show

• 7 Replies

Pudding cloth

Poultry show
« on: December 17, 2011, 17:19 »
I've just got home after visiting my first poultry show at Stafford. Oh wow! Such lovely and varied birds.
I've got one question. Why was there no poo?! My chicken's poo for England. But those birds didn't seem to make any mess at all. Had they been starved?

Chrysalis

Re: Poultry show
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 19:02 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

May try and get there tomorrow, but ours would never be clean enough! :tongue2:
Spent today sheeting (sheeting, mind!) over the pen and soaking up mud with wood shavings, to prevent foot rot among the flock.... happy hens again, now!

A great show it is, though...went previously... ;)

Pudding cloth

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:48 »
£8 to get in....rediculous. I used to go the championship dog shows at Stafford and they didn't cost anything to get in and were also a great day!

evie2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 21:18 »
Muddy runs are a pain at this time of year, I used Bliss last year and found it was better at soaking up the mud and broke down faster :)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

CluckyChicken

• Experienced Member
    • Georgina's Araucanas
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 20:03 »
I put down leaves from the oak trees- they are good, but you have to remove the old ones every now and again.  But they are good fertilizer for the next year!

I've got one question. Why was there no poo?! My chicken's poo for England. But those birds didn't seem to make any mess at all. Had they been starved?

They do poo, but the owners take it out of the cages so the birds don't get mucky.  Also, on the drive up (or down) there, the birds often don't eat.  Mine took a drink when we got there (we went to Warwick, the National - wern't sure about the weather!) and didn't eat until the next morning.  :blink:
Lavender Araucanas, SS Hamburgs, White Wyandottes and Italian Quail

Pudding cloth

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 05:46 »
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I must say they were the cleanest chickens I have ever seen. I poo pick 2 to 3 times a day and can't keep my 4 nearly that clean.

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 10:32 »
i think they're also fed corn and grain instead of layers as it makes for more solid poo....keeping bums clean and easier clean up operations.
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

Oliveview

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 15:16 »
There is a chicken show on at Utrera, between us and Sevilla, it is on today too, it started on 22nd. We have not been this year though.  There were some fantastic birds last year, it was excellent, and free to get in too  :blink:

They sell hens, a few hundred euros a pair!  There are some lovely pigeons too, with curly feathers!!

Pamela

xx
Poultry Show

Started by Chrysalis on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post December 16, 2012, 07:54
by arugula
xx
Poultry show

Started by trinamc on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 08:41
by trinamc
xx
National Poultry Show

Started by helens-hens on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 18:27
by joyfull
xx
National Poultry Show 2010.

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post November 21, 2010, 20:55
by otis pony

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 38 queries.