I think the cat got beaten up :(

• 43 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: I think the cat got beaten up :(
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 21:03 »
What a lovely user name Arwen  :blush: Just so happens to be the name of my big favourite tabby monster too (three guesses what was bedtime reading for me as a child  :tongue2::)

Hawkins

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01 »
Im so pleased he is doing well and agree with the others a new house cat for you.

When we had a farm and had to leave we took the farm cat with us her name was Tabitha and she settled in really well. Considering she was a farm cat like yours once she moved in she never really wanted to leave again. She went out for little wanders but was soon back on the chair or on a lap. So they do change especially as they get older.

Good luck and please keep us updated.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 11:10 »
I'm really pleased to hear he's doing so well.

Considering cats are soooo independant there aren't many that aren't won over with regular meals, a big comfy bed at night and some fuss every now and then.

All we need now is a piccy of the lucky man  ;)
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

NormandyMary

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 17:34 »
Ive just read this thread, and couldnt wait to get to the end to see if Toby made it or not. Im so glad that he is recovering. Phew!!

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 10:08 »
Ouch.. Puddin here... (cat) I was the same just before Christmas last year... :(  My Mum (spiderlyn) took me to the vet... (only ever been twice before.. once for the "JOB" and the other for jabs)  but I was so grateful... I had lessions in my teeth... (holes).. so the vet took three teeth out..eckk... I'm ok now ;) and mum makes sure, that I eat biscutes.. to keep my teeth healthy..

Just to add.. I'm only on here, as mum & dad are watching the Brasil game! and I must catch up with Blondie.. she's my friend on here :)

Unbelievable - my all time favourite cat was called Pudding too - never known anyone else call an animal that.

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 10:09 »
Hope all goes well.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 14:58 »
We had little Black Pudding (a little lost kitten) as well, but sadly she had to be rehomed as one of the other cats was vicious with her  :(

Is Toby still wanting to be a pampered house cat?  :lol:

Eumaeus

• The Island Smallholder
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 16:47 »
Sorry - I haven't been on for ages - life has been a little hectic :(

Toby is still with us, but it doesn't look good for him.  He seemed tomake a full recovery, his coat is lovely an dhsiny and, although he is very thin, he has turned into a very affectionate lovign house cat.  But while he was so very ill, the nurse was worried about his kidney function (he took a very long time to rehydrate whilel he was recovering from his injury).  He i snow drinking and peeing for England - he had a visit to the vet yesterday who said that it looks as though his kidneys are packing up - wiwth the drinking/peeing and his very very anaemic.  He has had an injection to try to help his kidneys/liver and i have to take him back in two weeks - if he hasn't improved then it will probably be the end of the road for him :(

I have to add that, along the way, I have had to have my 21 year old house cat put down, an dyesterday my lovely lovely dog Flash who was only 11 but had heart problems and went downhill very suddenly :(

Not quite sure where to put myself right now - but I guess that is animall ownership - all of a sudden everyone goes at once :(

hoggie
Amateurs - built the Ark

Professionals?  They built the titanic

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 17:05 »
oh poor you (and them) that's awful bad luck all at once. It's bad when we lose our friends :(

I hope Toby gets better for you.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 17:46 »
I'm so so sorry to hear all of your sad news hoggie. 

Keeping fingers crossed for you and hope Toby makes a full recovery.  If you need to rant or vent we are here.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 21:37 »
Oh what a sad time for you  :(

I'm sorry to hear about your cat and dog but I'm sending some 'get well vibes' for Toby and hope that you get some good news for him.... he is such a little fighter.

Fingers crossed.

madcat

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010, 13:01 »
Just got back and catching up.  So sorry to hear your news...   :( :(
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2010, 21:28 »
Having animals is such a joy and can be so distressing.  I'm told it's all part of life's rich tapestry but it still stinks when things go wrong.

My thoughts are with you my dear.

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2010, 17:53 »
I'll second Bizzy Lizzie's comment, but we'd be sadder, if not more medicated human beings for not ever had a hairy loved one or three in our lives.

Just sorry it all seems so glum for you right now, big hugs on the way from Cornwall. xxx

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 40 queries.