2nd and 3rd day on plot! Pics :-)

• 20 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 23:49 »
Thanks for all the support you lovely people!
Trillium, I too heard today that barbed wire isnt allowed on a public right of way which is classed as the lotty site path apparantly, so Ill be watching that with a beady eye :-)
Kel  hes getting a bit bored now! So I gave him a night off tonight and sent him to his mates! but I cant wait to see his face when he carves his pumpkin (growing elsewhere) and he realises HE did that!

I got some great fencing today with a lockable gate, I couldnt manage to spend much time up there my sisters dug her own bed she is using or brassicas this year (fingers crossed still some time left) and I made a list of seeds to get tomorrow that I can plant and hope they give me a bit of something small  (peas the top of that one of course!), but Ill be up there again tomorrow.. Now I need to get to my beds on the community garden too, I havent been for two weeks, the bindweed will be killing em!

todays pics

Little sister Odette plus bed she dug

I promise Ill give you a break from the pics soon (when its done :-) Just Kidding!! :tongue2: )
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Trillium

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 03:41 »
I still can't get over how much fencing is around you. Thieving must be rampant at your site.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 10:29 »
near enough every plot on site is fenced in like alcatraz, they say its because we have vandals around, its also a lockable site 24 hours a day. You cant see the other plot holders working on their own plots,becaue of all the fences around them, you only see them walking about!

franmeerkat

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 10:38 »
What wonderful progress, PP!
How sad you have to have so much fencing, and awful that your stuff got nicked. I must be very lucky on my site - one of the rules is that any fencing has got to be lower than 3', and many plot holders have no fencing at all. Some allotmenteers do grumble about stuff getting stolen (mainly produce) but we have so many foxes, squirrels, pigeons and such that it may be animal rather than human theft.

kezlou

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 11:02 »
Allotments are all like that all over where i live in Middlesbrough high fences and hedges so tall you can't even see people walking  :shock:
Stealing off thats just shocking i'd get them done for having barbed wire around their plots. :twisted:

THe plots looking great well done!
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

chippie295

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 18:03 »
Peapod, it's looking great - well done!

xx
Pics of my new plot

Started by bunch29 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 16:41
by bunch29
xx
My plot - a few pics

Started by fletch on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 13, 2008, 21:53
by spud
xx
pics of my plot

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 06, 2009, 21:01
by sunshineband
xx
Some pics from Plot 98

Started by Alex 98 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 01, 2008, 21:42
by muddifoot

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 37 queries.