Clucky making lots of noise!!

• 7 Replies

mummychick

Clucky making lots of noise!!
« on: February 20, 2011, 20:46 »
Clucky, who is about a year old, started making very strange noises this morning.  She was shouting at the top of her voice!!! Would she be making this noise if she was scared?  Her neck was stretched, as if she was listening to something.  Any ideas??? ???

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Clucky making lots of noise!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:31 »
Could be she saw a threat.  Mine crane up their necks and all start shouting when they see a cat - enough to make me come out of the house to see what's up. 

Mine also eyeball whatever they don't like the look of, so could look like they are listening.  If they really don't like what they see they jump up on their house, even though they are safe in their run.  Usually 1 starts and they all join in.

Rhiannon

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:50 »
Yep my boss female makes a heck of a noise and i have to come running , its an alarm call  probably , tho i have to add i have soem Plymouth Rock bantams and while thier off lay thier quiet but the minuite they  start to lay they walk around all day muttering and complaining .

One is far worse than the others !

I would love to have a Cockerel , im sure the hens would be happier but sadly i live in a row of houses where i dotn think one would be apreciated. We have already had one Cockerel in the village go for a one way trip because of complaints.

He who knows all sayes if i shut it where it cant stretch its neck at night it cant crow, well exelent  hun , good suggestion, are you going to catch it every night ? No i didnt think so ...i am sure the neighbours would compalin in the day time as well, some of them have very little else to do apart from complain and hoover thier wheelie bins .

Junie

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 18:40 »
One of our chicks from last year, makes an awful lot of noise - it is like she is complaining but has nothing to complain about, she is not quite as loud as a cockerel, but she goes on and on and on, it is certainly not a warning cry but does seem to be when she is near the next boxes - perhaps she is just telling the neighbourhood what a clever girl she is!!  ::)

mummychick

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 19:57 »
Thanks for the replies  :)  Clucky is back to her normal quiet mischievous self!!!

cejx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12 »
My hens are making a right racket at the moment.  No idea why.  We've given them more space, they are laying happily, squabbling as per usual, but my god are they shouting the odds.  Is this normal?
**ginger•henna•margo•matilda•hattie••5 ex-bats & betty the rescued bluebelle**

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27 »
Spring has sprung  ;)  Mine are more feisty than usual as well - hormones surging as they get into spring laying season and the pecking order shifts as girls produce eggs.  Not that my lazy little princesses have actually laid an egg yet  ::)

Rhiannon

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:17 »
Yesterday i was on the point of necking oen of the little bitches  >:( she stomps round the run yelling her head off literaly...Look its meee mee meee ....I might lay an egg , possibly , but its mee meee mee ....Just the Plymouth Rock Bantams , everyone else gets on and does .

Bluebelle is laying wel after a good moult and the Polish have started and the Plymouth rocks are popping the odd one out ...

xx
chook making a bad noise!!!

Started by arrowchick on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 16:00
by Vember
xx
Any ideas why she is making this noise???

Started by agapanthus on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post December 20, 2008, 15:32
by muntjac
xx
hen making strange noise

Started by shiatsusu on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 19, 2009, 22:10
by HENrietta
xx
rcom 20 making a strange noise!

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 19, 2011, 19:07
by jobson336

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 37 queries.