eggs with no shell

• 3 Replies

magiemay

eggs with no shell
« on: April 18, 2011, 21:10 »

Any advice on a 3 year old Goldline who only is laying soft eggs with no shell.

She was laying propery nearly every day until she went into molt and lost such a lot of feathers, but now she is a lovely looking bird - looks realy healthy, is eating and drinking well  she has oystershell and cheese  for calcium and lays nearly every day but the egg never has a shell, is just a floppy sack which usualy gets broken.  Has anybody else had this problem - is it worth keeping her and hoping that she'll get better or is this the end?  Any advice please.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: eggs with no shell
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 21:36 »
I use cod liver oil on a small piece of bread to help calcium absorbsion for my young Bovan goldline.  It does help but I haven't got the balance totally right yet.  It helps to cut out treats as well.  Good luck.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

jesschocolate28

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 21:46 »
This happened to my chicks a while ago, and after about a week the eggs returned to normal so you should be fine, hope this helps :)
Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there?   I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its butt."   Minnie&Bonnie<3

magiemay

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 22:44 »

Thanks,  I'll try the cod liver oil and see if that works, perhaps with a bit more time things might go back to normal, it's been a couple of weeks now and I don't realy want to get rid of her if she could get back to doing her job properly. 

xx
shell less eggs and partly shelled eggs

Started by symonep on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 19:42
by symonep
xx
Help! Eggs with no shell?!

Started by Gerty333 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 08:40
by joyfull
xx
Shell-less Eggs

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 22, 2012, 23:13
by symonep
xx
shell-less eggs

Started by Jade on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 09, 2011, 23:24
by Jade

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 34 queries.