grapes

• 7 Replies

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
grapes
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:31 »
ok i am planning on growing a number of grape vines over the paths between the beds on one of my allotment plots, the aim is to try and keep my self in white wine for a year, i am looking at buying the vines from here.
http://www.winegrowers.info/vines/frame.htm

i was wondering if any one has heard of them? as the vines seem a lot cheaper than ones from nurserys near by.

cheers for any help.

Paul

Knoblauch

grapes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50 »
They do cheap vines at www.gardenbargains.com

Stevens706

• Experienced Member
grapes
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:55 »
Never tried them but they are very cheap, I paid £14 P&P inc for a single seedless vine
Paul

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
grapes
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 13:52 »
at £2.10 a vine i think i will give them a go. but the blue berries and particularly the cranberries look like a good deal on the garden bargings website.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
grapes
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 14:56 »
Why not expand your alcohol horizons and look into country wines made with rhubarb or other fruit that you can get a hold of? I've got a huge bucket of rhubarb wine on the go just now and that worked out about a fiver for 30 bottles worth. All I really had to buy was grape concentrate, yeast, yeast nutrient and sugar.

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
grapes
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:19 »
i already make fruit wines, also mead though currently from store bought honey but i plan on getting my own hive of bees, i also plan on growing hops to produce my own beer. the grape vines are more an expansion of an already exsisting hobby.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
grapes
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 17:13 »
Paul I've only got into the wine and beer making recently although I've been talking about it for ages. I quite fancy making mead as well but I need to find a supply of cheap honey. I don't have the option of a hive unfortunately. Not too sure about grape growing though and it's probably too cold up here in Glasgow to grow grapes successfully.

latis

grapes
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 08:26 »
hey, i help paul with his brewing empire and as the goddess of mead the cheapest honey supplier i have found recently is tesco value. it also comes in lovely jars which are just right for pickling and jams :) most of the big supermarkets do their own brands and usually they are quite good value. the resulting mead is nice but possibly not as good as if you were to use a good quality honey - a lot of home brewers insist on only using blossom or "named flower" honeys. great if you can afford it but not something i've ever been able to try.

to be honest it's pretty potent stuff, after a few glasses it doesn't really matter what you made it out of !! lol :drunken:

jo
Godess of mead. . . . . .

clip
Grapes

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 12, 2019, 08:20
by jambop
xx
grapes ...

Started by lightyears on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 21, 2008, 00:23
by Trillium
xx
new to grapes

Started by ranat22 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 15:20
by Trillium
xx
Grapes

Started by Jim the builder on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 31, 2012, 14:28
by Trillium

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 29 queries.